Sesame Street Documentary "Sesame Street: 50 Years and Still Sunny!"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Documentary - Sesame Street: 50 Years and Still Sunny!
HBO Premiere: None
PBS Premiere: March 1, 2020

Beginning Sunday March 1. don't miss the long-awaited, all-new Sesame Street documentary "Sesame Street: 50 Years and Still Sunny!" on PBS.

Join host Gloria Estefan for a 50th anniversary celebration of the iconic children's series. This new documentary includes celebrity appearances, interviews with puppeteers and video clips of Sesame Street's most unforgettable moments.

Please note, PBS broadcast premiere dates are varying by up to two weeks. If your station is not airing the special on Sunday March 1, it will likely air between March 1 and March 14. The special will also re-run multiple times in most cities. Check local listings for broadcast times and dates in your local market.

If you saw this documentary, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked it. I kinda wish they interviewed more puppeteers besides Matt, Eric, Marty, Pam and Carmen. They even interviewed Fran Brill, but she only got one clip in the final cut. My favorite part was learning that Matt sings I Don't Want to Live on the Moon to his kids as a lullaby.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I liked it. I kinda wish they interviewed more puppeteers besides Matt, Eric, Marty, Pam and Carmen. They even interviewed Fran Brill, but she only got one clip in the final cut. My favorite part was learning that Matt sings I Don't Want to Live on the Moon to his kids as a lullaby.
It was nice to see Fran in this.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So... did it have any rare clips (or at least clips that are obviously from about before the end of the 1990s that you don’t recognize)? Any of the rare segments that have been given screenshots on Muppet Wiki this past year that otherwise are unavailable?

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
It was kinda lame. The picture isn't very clear at my house.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well . . . I only caught like . . . 8-10 minutes of it, so I can't really say much about it, other than to see Roscoe Orman and Bob McGrath in HD (since I've only recently finally gotten an HDMI cable for my TV) felt like seeing them in person, face-to-face, all over again.