Sesame crossover characters

beaker

Reaction score
I too have noticed a lot of animal characters that have appeared periodically over the years on various shows. Like the bears...Im too lazy right now to go to the kermitage guide, but that one Bear with teeth has seemingly been on every Muppet show and special, along with the generic bears.

Btw, its funny to notice the differences between animals on sesame and muppet show/specials/films. Like the cows and horses, or the penguins. Look at how Gladys the cow on Sesame looks distinctly different than the TMS farm animals on the opening of MFS.

For anyone who read the kermitage character guide, its interesting to know that some of the whatnot/generic animals have names. I had no idea the pengin is named winky, or that the merdlilops and frackles each have names

Salmoto

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed this too, on the Muppet show, the chickens are white, but on Sesame Street they're red.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

I think that one thing that was the same was the Cows, The cows in the 'We Got Elegance' musical number look just like Gladys.

On The Muppet Show they would give them rings in there noses and horns, But to make em more kiddified on Sesame Street they would give em wool hair and eyelashed and a cow bell.

See ya

Splurge

Reaction score
Richard Hunt's performance of a cow on TMS with Beverly Sills even sounds like Gladys, not only with the voice but with the vain actress attitude.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>On The Muppet Show they would give them rings in there noses and horns, But to make em more kiddified on Sesame Street they would give em wool hair and eyelashed and a cow bell<<<

Hmmm, I was wondering if that was Buster the horse or Gladys in the opening of MFS...or if that was Ernie's rubber duckie in MFS.

some versions of animals look better tho, to me the penguins on TMS are wayyy cooler than the Sesame ones, yet vice versa with the farm animals like the cows.

Btw, does anyone know the names of the animals? I found a lot of them actually have names.

P

Philo and Gunge

The Gnu from "The Muppet Show" is in "The Adventures Of Elmo In Grouchland" (right before the giant chicken comes, you can see the Gnu running, he is only there for like a second).

Also, the trash from JHH is the Queen of Trash trash. (Yes, I stole that one from The Complete Henson Database).

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
I too have noticed a lot of animal characters that have appeared periodically over the years on various shows. Like the bears...Im too lazy right now to go to the kermitage guide, but that one Bear with teeth has seemingly been on every Muppet show and special, along with the generic bears.

Btw, its funny to notice the differences between animals on sesame and muppet show/specials/films. Like the cows and horses, or the penguins. Look at how Gladys the cow on Sesame looks distinctly different than the TMS farm animals on the opening of MFS.
Actually...

THere was a period of time (I believe) in which they used Muppet Show animals on Sesame Street.

The difference between TMS and SS chickens is that SS ones are brown, TMS ones are white.

However, they used TMS chickens in the Seji Osawa/ Placido Flamingo skit from Put DOwn the Duckie, and if you'll notice, They use the Ramma Lamma Lambs from the MArk Hamil TMS episode in there as well...

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Since Drtooth brought it up, TMS's very own Gaffer the Cat appeared in the same song! He's the kitten on the left with the pair of cats, but is given more "Muppety" plastic eyes, but his mouth gives the resemblance away. :smile:

Reaction score
TMS's Camilla the chicken (or a white chicken in that style) appears on Sesame Street's Spaceship Surprise, where the crew land on the planet "CH".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm almost certain the yodeling mountain goat that popped up for the Gratuitous German verse during "Cabin Fever" from MTI was a SST goat.