Sesame crossover characters

beaker

Reaction score
Well, since day one Kermit has been a mainstay on Sesame. And of course Rwolf cameod one time(ol brown ears, who in muppet canon also helped 'co-create the show with kermit) and of course Mahna Mahna from TMS also was on Sesame.

But what other Muppet Show(or Muppet special) cameos have their been? On several occations Sesame characters appeared on the Muppet Show.

I can't wait for the completion of more background bios for character sonline, that might shed some light on whose cameo'd in where.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Other than the promo for Sesame Street in which Kermit and Rowlf brainstormed as to what to call the new show, did Rowlf appear again?

I don't think it was the same character on Sesame who did the song Mahna Mahna. Wasn't it supposed to have been Bip Babodaiiaitooa(whatever)?

How about that time Statler and Waldorf came to heckle Sesame Street and Oscar told them to scram? Oh wait, that never happened :stick_out_tongue:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Rowlf did appear once after the "Sesame Street" promo, in one of the counting segments. His line? "NINE LIGHTS!".

Kermit, Rowlf, and the Mahna Mahna-type character (Bip Bippadotta) are the only crossover characters I know of that have appeared on the Street, although once during a Muppet Newsflash segment on Old MacDonald's farm, Kermit tells a pig that it reminds him of someone he knows. =)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

Ofcourse Splurge and the Beautiful Day Monster made Cameos in Season One.

See ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to back up your "Crossover" claims. There's an episode where even though Rowlf never appeared, his name was given by Bob at the end of that episode to a Scottish collie opera singer muppet who was looking for a new piano player to accompany her act. BTW: Would any of you guys know what her name was?

Have a great summer, the Count.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Kermit, Rowlf, and the Mahna Mahna-type character (Bip Bippadotta<<<

Hmm, I thought that *was* Mahna Mahna that cameo'd?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Yes, it was. The "Mahna Mahna" skit featured Mahna Mahna.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
>>To The Count:

The dog's name was Annata (Or Renatta?) Scottie.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
One of the gorillas from Muppets Tonight! appeared in the "Elmo's World: Bananas" segment .

Salmoto

Reaction score
That same Gorilla was all over the Muppet show too. (Oh dear, I spotted another one, should I be worried?)