See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Punch'n'Judy said:
For the British run of this show (about 3 weeks) they are doing two lots of shows, one aimed specifically at children.
Any chance on some more info about these shows mate?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I really don't see why people would be disappointed in Henson doing something specifically aimed at adults. Haven't they always been a company whose main goal is to entertain and reach everyone in some way? Also, keep in mind that The Muppet Show's main audience was families. Not specifically children, nor specifically adults.

I'd love to see this, but I can't. Any possible way it could hit DVD?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
rurulesunc said:
Thanks for posting this. Just got my tickets for 8:30 on Saturday. Just in time for my birthday too! Anyone else going to be there?
I'm gonna be there with friends we all got tickets for the same time and day you did I'm so excited that pic of brian looks great as do the puppets they look so classic!

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Awesome JHH. We will have to see if we can find each other. Are you guys going for dinner or just the show? We will be there around 6ish for dinner and to make sure that we get good seats.

I cant wait!

agger_rob

Reaction score
Didn't Jim want his creations to be for all ages? That's why he fought so hard to have muppets on the first season of SNL (and those were far from family friendly).

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
rurulesunc said:
Awesome JHH. We will have to see if we can find each other. Are you guys going for dinner or just the show? We will be there around 6ish for dinner and to make sure that we get good seats.

I cant wait!
awsome me also I have never been to anything like this before so I'm quite excited!
are you planning on going to the filming of late night buffet as well?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
agger_rob said:
Didn't Jim want his creations to be for all ages? That's why he fought so hard to have muppets on the first season of SNL (and those were far from family friendly).
exactly...you can even see the muppets swearing in muppet movies...on the muppet show...it's not like jim was against it..he just didnt push it.
I really hate when people try to make jim to be some tame goody goody...he was a zaney funny guy.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I love adult puppet humour, :smile: wish I could see this show. The thing ive always hated about peoples attitudes about puppets is that they think they are only for kids.

rurulesunc

Reaction score
I was planning on it but by the time I found out about the taping all of the tickets were gone (I dont have a printer at work so I had to wait til I got home and they were gone). Major bummer. So if anyone has extra tickets that they arent going to use let me know.

Counting down the days til Saturday!