Save the Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikealan

Reaction score
mikealan said:
I'm afraid I'll be upset about the Walt Disney Company planning to replace the Muppeteers, and will the substitute Muppets last forever and forever?
I need someone to know!

mikealan

Reaction score
Why didn't they know if the substitute Muppets last forever???

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're asking. Substitute Muppets? Are you asking what if the puppets become destroyed or lost and they have others on hand to replace the ones destroyed or lost? They have plenty of puppets in that case.

It's not a permanent replacement for the big production stuff per Martin Baker. Just fill-ins.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well everyone, it seems to me that we all might just have to hold on to the great Muppets of the past. At least Dinsey knows that people still want that, by putting the Muppet Show on seasons DVD's. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Marky

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I don't understand what you're asking. Substitute Muppets? Are you asking what if the puppets become destroyed or lost and they have others on hand to replace the ones destroyed or lost? They have plenty of puppets in that case.

It's not a permanent replacement for the big production stuff per Martin Baker. Just fill-ins.
My goodness, this thread is still around? What part of "NOBODY'S REPLACING THE MAIN MUPPETS' don't these 'save the Muppets' people not understand??? Are they just people who couldn't make the audition??

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Marky said:
My goodness, this thread is still around? What part of "NOBODY'S REPLACING THE MAIN MUPPETS' don't these 'save the Muppets' people not understand??? Are they just people who couldn't make the audition??

yeah thats what i also think! :zany:

Marky

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
yeah thats what i also think! :zany:

I guess they must have gotten their letters of rejection and are hiding in the corner.

LOL!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yeah! hahaha...

what I REALLY wana know is... is this kid who runs Save the Muppets.com know a 100% that they're "going" to replace the Muppeteers.

I dont want a "well he's guessing", "Well look what there doing", I want him to contact Disney/MHC with a phone call or an email saying they plan too! To me, the the Statler & Waldorf on Movies.com doesn't NOT count! Thos 2 "new" performers are from the JHC and NOT anyone that auditioned in NYC, Canada, and LA.

also he doesn't say anything for the performers who got pick at the auditions for Sesame Street!
so til then... he's just taking non-sence (to me anyways!) and alot of bashing to Disney/MHC.

Marky

Reaction score
I like this a_Mickey_Mupet dude!

what I REALLY wana know is... is this kid who runs Save the Muppets.com know a 100% that they're "going" to replace the Muppeteers.

He couldn't, because they aren't!!

I dont want a "well he's guessing", "Well look what there doing", I want him to contact Disney/MHC with a phone call or an email saying they plan too! To me, the the Statler & Waldorf on Movies.com doesn't NOT count! Thos 2 "new" performers are from the JHC and NOT anyone that auditioned in NYC, Canada, and LA.

I know, I know, I know!!! I agree with you 100%! Where is he now? And don't tell me for a second that if he were old enough to audition (which I doubt very much), was able to go (perhaps his mom wouldn't let him) or skillful enough to do well (cough, cough) that he would not jump at the chance. Anyone here would. The whole concept of "aev the Muppets' just rubbed me the wrong way. Who is anyone to tell anyone else that they shouldn't do anything? Bitterness, bitterness, bitterness.

also he doesn't say anything for the performers who got pick at the auditions for Sesame Street!

Of course not. The fear of 'Evil corporation insipidness' doesn't apply to the Sesame workshop. The kids trying to be Michael Moore of the Muppets.

so til then... he's just taking non-sence (to me anyways!) and alot of bashing to Disney/MHC.

What disturbs me about it is the rush of support from so many others signing the bogus peition. That horrible 'tough pigs' site had a thing about it, and to top it off, he slaps an article in wikipedia about it!

...{That is, until it was edited (and it's link removed) by someone}.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Marky said:

He couldn't, because they aren't!!

I know, I know, I know!!! I agree with you 100%! Where is he now? And don't tell me for a second that if he were old enough to audition (which I doubt very much), was able to go (perhaps his mom wouldn't let him) or skillful enough to do well (cough, cough) that he would not jump at the chance. Anyone here would. The whole concept of "aev the Muppets' just rubbed me the wrong way. Who is anyone to tell anyone else that they shouldn't do anything? Bitterness, bitterness, bitterness.

Of course not. The fear of 'Evil corporation insipidness' doesn't apply to the Sesame workshop. The kids trying to be Michael Moore of the Muppets.

What disturbs me about it is the rush of support from so many others signing the bogus peition. That horrible 'tough pigs' site had a thing about it, and to top it off, he slaps an article in wikipedia about it!

...{That is, until it was edited (and it's link removed) by someone}.
hey Marky u (along with a few others) are ONE of my fav people on MC.com :zany: btw, I havn't seen that kid that runs SavetheMuppets.com on the boards here in months! not that i care...but I guess he felt he have no suport on MC.com? I could be wrong, But i waznt one of them "suport" people on the MC boards! :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.