Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Talented? Nah! DESPERATE! I want my bear! ! ! ! ! Thanks for the comments Frogboy, I've just added Kermit and feel it need quite a bit a jigging around but I'll wait for some feedback on this forum before I make any more changes. The idea would be to get this out to as many people as possible and raise the awareness. I genuinely feel that giving it a more nostagic and classic look would be the better way to go....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2975044589/
Beautiful work! It appears to be "good to go" from where I'm sitting. The only tiny thing I noticed was that none of Gonzo's funky little hairs are visible, but that's one of my favorite parts of the poser. I know it makes me weird. It is just such a fantastic image you have constructed.

I guess one more comment has to do with marketing text. If this actually circulated it should give the recipient the message that the future of these items is up to Muppet fans everywhere.

My encouragement for your composition is genuine. You really should send this to MR! :super:

Telly

Reaction score
HOLY COWS! That honestly looks FANTASTIC! VERY good job! I'd LOVE to open up an issue of ToyFare or log onto MasterReplicas.com and see that! It really stands out! :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
i agree, this looks fantastic..
only change I would probablly make would be to put Kermit a little more in the background, as if he were behind the other two. partially because, at this point, it's not about the Frog (dear as he is..) and he's "officially" sold out via MR itself.
Am really hoping things change for the better in the next year for MR.. I would really love more of these guys.. and since I have to wait a year or so before hubby will be home long enough to build my display case for these guys... it'd be nice to be able to tell him it's got to be bigger then we're currently planning on (based on just these three..)

meanwhile.. back to the proper chicken search! (for gonzo, of course...)

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
This is beautifully done, but I do have a minor quibble with it. Your posers have been modified and Gonzo's eyelids don't really do that on their own. I think you have to be scrupulously honest in an ad about what the person buying one of these will actually get, or risk more ill-will towards the company.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is beautifully done, but I do have a minor quibble with it. Your posers have been modified and Gonzo's eyelids don't really do that on their own. I think you have to be scrupulously honest in an ad about what the person buying one of these will actually get, or risk more ill-will towards the company.

I can see that, but companies usually put a disclaimer on advertising images that products may differ from the prototype photograph. That would work here for the minor changes made. Easy fix.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Reevz1977....

Your advertisement piece is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING & GORGEOUS. Let me tell you, I was on the fence when animal first came out. If I saw this, I would have NEVER been on the fence.

I just hope that maybe you can speak to someone at MR instead of just e-mailing it. The e-mail might "get lost" with all the others they receive.

Is there a way reevz can get in touch with tom and dicuss this with him?

I think there would be way more interest AND, if disneydirect.com, whom already sells the posers, can put this on their front page, I wouldn't see why MR would have any trouble selling these.

Any thoughts of getting in touch with TOM?

Amazing, simply...Amazing.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I can see that, but companies usually put a disclaimer on advertising images that products may differ from the prototype photograph. That would work here for the minor changes made. Easy fix.
I think a disclaimer exacerbates the problem. It doesn't help the cause if you're misrepresenting the product in a similar way to how the lousy MR photos misrepresent the product. Why not use images of the REAL posers then and just put a disclaimer on it? Because in either case, it's not what the consumer will receive. I'd be terribly disappointed if I ordered off those photos and then got the product the way it really looks, unless MR is going to start sending out a manual for "tweaks". I'd be especially disappointed in Gonzo's eyelids. That was something I begged Travis to make poseable, but in the end, they didn't do it.

Reevz1977

Reaction score

Hey there WOE, I appreciate your comments but having worked in the design industry for sometime, I would have to disagree. I've worked in all areas of advertising - foods, jewelry, automotive, fashion... on such brands as Aston Martin and in all honesty every product I've ever had to work on has undergone more indepth adjustments than the ones done on this. Let's just say I'd be shocked if I had my artistic licence revoked over this:wink:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey Reevz1977-

Wow, that really is a nice piece of work. I have already conceded that we needed better pics... But the one issue I have with the ad -- and let me go on record as saying that this is not a criticism of you, personally -- is the red curtain motif. Not that I don't like it, I do. In fact, I rallied very hard to use the red curtain motif on the packaging for the Muppet Photo Puppets.

The problem is that Disney's style guide is broken into 3 tiers -- Mass, Mid-tier, and Specialty. And the red curtain motif is (I think) reserved for Mid-tier products. The mass guide is the green and purple one, and the specialty one is the brown/green that was used on MR's Kermit. So were were prohibited from using the red curtain on any specialty products. I tried to get them to make an exception since, in my ever so humble opinion, the red curtain is both more elegant AND creates a sense of nostalgia. But ultimately, we had to go with the green/brown guide. (We did get them to let us change the color scheme for Animal and Gonzo, but we had to stick to the same motif -- with the technical drawings of the characters in the background!)

I would have LOVED to use the red curtains... :frown: