Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

rexcrk

Reaction score
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about selling these replicas at the Disney theme parks.

I think that's a fantastic idea, people always buy crazy expensive stuff while on vacation! :big_grin:

Telly

Reaction score
You guys are right about the vacation money spending.

When I went to DisneyWorld a few years ago, I ALMOST bought a Jessica Rabbit statue for like $300 (I think...I know it was up there). I had the money. The only thing holding me back was wondering how I was going to get it from Florida to North Dakota without her cracking or breaking.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned the theme parks, look at the "big statue" line. How much are those in the parks? These products are the type that I would EXPECT to see in the Muppets 3D Theater gift shop. When I was 6 and there, my folks forked over a huge amount for the Figment plush doll.

I wouldn't exactly feel "hosed" if they released a reporter Kermit. I think MR definetely could "redeem" themselves, or rather the product line with a re-release and a different approch to Marketing. I would so be willing to work for this company. but I gotta say, if I was employee when they "lost" the lucasfilms license I would have said "OH $*^ !" I hope they are able to pull in some profits, for themselves, and not just for us.

I would be interested in them doing a replica wearable Scooter Muppet Show jacket. That would be a very nice way to recoup some sales for little investment. It's a satin jacket! There's enough jacket retailers, I could very easily see that sold at FYE, JC Penney's, or Hallmark stores.

I believe and I hope someone could fill us in on this. If MR took pre-sale money all the way up until the end of the license, could they still be manufactured and shipped afterwards? The license is for selling correct? I ask this based upon my feelings of "sorry, I would not give pre-sale money to any other company other than Master Replicas for these products." So I would be OK sending $600,700+ and waiting 2 years. (With regular e-mail updates) Am I alone in that respect?

Kevin

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I just wanted to remind us all of what CSTom has said

The Bear has not been offered for pre-order "officially" because as of today we still don't have a factory to produce him and the last thing we want to do is offer an item and push the release date back continuously and use our customers experimentally for a "bait" order. Hypothetically, how would everyone feel had we offered Fozzie for pre-order only to have him canceled and then turn around and say, "sorry we only had 200 orders and we needed 500."? Fozzie has only ever been referred to as "in development."

We love the Muppet's brand, we love the products and we want to continue producing them. We are hopeful that the apparent lack of demand is only temporary. As always, we thank you for your honest and upfront comments about all of our products.

We want to see Fozzie too! What do you think we can or should be doing to raise interest in the Muppet's? Is large scale items the issue? Let's hear you!
I think we should really start a calling and writing campaign to MR.

KK

Luke

Reaction score
I just wanted to remind us all of what CSTom has said

I think we should really start a calling and writing campaign to MR.

KK
Your enthusiasms great but it might be a better idea to write/call the companies that actually stock MR products asking when we can buy Fozzie. That way they might be stirred up to place orders for him rather than think theres no interest.

Maybe if people added some website links here we could all email each one. I wouldn't mention its part of some campaign though, just a simple "when can i buy him, i want to place an order". :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Your enthusiasms great but it might be a better idea to write/call the companies that actually stock MR products asking when we can buy Fozzie. That way they might be stirred up to place orders for him rather than think theres no interest.

Maybe if people added some website links here we could all email each one. I wouldn't mention its part of some campaign though, just a simple "when can i buy him, i want to place an order". :wink:
I think we should contact MR to still at least continue with other Muppet products while Fozzie is in this limbo. The Scooter jacket mentioned by Kevin and the Muppet Show sign mentioned by others are great solid sorts of items that wouldn't require so much special attention as posers or figurines.

While this is going on we might want to contact those companies that should be stocking up MR's Muppets like you have mentioned.

I still feel that Reporter Kermit idea came from inside MR no matter what is said. Maybe it was intended as an internal memo that got out somehow. I haven't felt that they have always been completely candid in the past but MRTom's post is a leap in the right direction.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I hate to say this guys but I think it is the big ugly truth of hat is going on with MR. I have asked a couple of time what is next for the Muppets as far as MR is concerned on there forum and I get no reply. I don't really think there is nothing left for them as the Muppet anything is going to be gone. They have other licenses they are forcusing on at the moment like Ghostbusters and a couple more coming out soon. I don't think the Muppet figurines are going to happen which would probably be a good thing. I don't think that no one was interested in them at any of the toy shows as well. CSTom has been reserved about my questions about the Muppets for some time now. But he is showing other concerns for the new licenses. Correct me if I am wrong, but this IS the end of the Muppets for MR. Just like the DC comics, Aliens and MIB all went the same way.

Luke

Reaction score
If they were to do something else with the Muppets, and they might take a chance on doing something since there is a lot of stuff going on with Disney/NBC/ABC, i think maybe if they were to go back and do some figure scenes and sell them like the McFarlane Simpsons - but the EM stuff was sub standard and Palisades had already bettered them on it. It needs to be high quality stuff and something not done by Palisades. Obviously though, they've already sculpted EM so that would be first choice for them and i can see why it didn't get much interest - they needed to have done something with Kermit as thats the main seller or something totally different like the EM bus or maybe Happiness Hotel Diorama with the main gang featured in it. Really high quality plush but on a small scale could work and also maybe allow them to do some of the really obscure characters in the mix as well - a bit like steiif teddy bears or collectors dolls in ltd editions with stands and plaques. I don't think they have the license for signs or jackets so thats probably out but its a great idea if they were looking to do small run stuff aimed at just us hardcore fans.

My thinking on Fozzie poser is that to do Fozzie, they need to have enough orders from retailers/distributors, not neccasarily sell them through to us. So all we really need is for the retailers/distributors to actually place those orders for stock and they could maybe do him as the last one, since they already have the proto and designs. That was why i thought jam all the retailers with emails for Fozzie and they are gonna start looking at their MR wholesale catalogues looking to place a small order (if he was in there that is, but i'm sure they would ask!). That is gonna do a heck of a lot better than online polls and campaigning MR - all you will get from them at best is 50 at over a few grand each and even then Disney probably wouldn't let them do it cos the QC would be hard to check. Master Replicas already know we want the product but they know there aint enough of us - won't hurt to contact them either tho!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
An Honest Editorial from a Disappointed Fan & Customer

:super: First I have to state that Terry and Travis were always great to us and the product.

It would be poor business judgment for MR to nix anything Muppet related if they have the license for it. It would also anger fans if they have reserved the rights of products that cannot be produced by any other companies.

MR could make an easy buck with some sort of Muppet Show sign replica.

:flirt: I am still honored to have the posers they released and commend the company for even attempting them. I just feel the license has once again been mismanaged. I just don’t think the perceived failure thus far has been about the Muppets’ popularity, the economy, factories or suppliers. I feel it is about strategy and solid problem solving as with any product.

A specialty company such as MR isn't only about their products and prices but about the overall feeling the customer receives. Other than our wonderful Travis and talented freelancer Terry that feeling has been inconsistent and chilly. I have been an MR forum member and asked questions that largely fell on deaf ears.

I appreciate that MRTom came over here and so candidly caught us up at the thirteenth hour, but some of his information worried me. It appears likely that the MR decision makers are a little contemptuous of us fans and that makes little sense in this business because it is a relationship that we want to support. I suppose the initial cold shoulder from their first saleswoman has stuck with me. None of this seems like good business to me and I feel some of MRTom’s post kind of blamed us when most of us always wanted to be of assistance. I really wish we could have been and still would like to help in any way I can.

I hope they continue to produce good Muppet stuff to join my three posers, but if not their newsletter will have the company of the Sideshow ones in my Spam file. :sympathy: