Sam, Harry, and Yorick on 30 years Special

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any specific detail about The "Sam and Friends" Characters's Apearance on "The Muppets: A celebration of 30 years?" I have always wondered about that.

David French

Reaction score
Fozzie introduces them after the clip from The Tonight Show that the Muppets hosted in 1979. Yorick is on the main table and eats a napkin, before moving over towards Kermit where he begins to eat his finger.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
David French said:
Fozzie introduces them after the clip from The Tonight Show that the Muppets hosted in 1979. Yorick is on the main table and eats a napkin, before moving over towards Kermit where he begins to eat his finger.
Yep. thats basically about it. It was only around uh a 20 second appearance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, Harry asks Kermit, "Hey, I just have one question man! How come you look so much better now than you did then?"

Kermit replies, "Well that is one of the advantages of being a Muppet! By the way, where is Yorick?"

And Yorick pops up with the fake face he had on the Ed Sullivan show, eats it up and then starts eating Kermit. Kermit says, "Oh Yorick yes...uh...stop that.."

Sam is there but he doesn't speak because he never really had his own voice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like they weren't there very much in the special. I don't think they were even in any of the wide shots of the audience. I only remember them being in their cameo and in the scene with Jim Henson at the end. Henson must have been really careful about them being in the special.

It also seems like Traveling Matt and Sprocket weren't in very much of the special, and I don't even remember seeing them in any wide shots of the Muppets.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just remember Traveling Matt saying, "Do you know what it takes to be a Muppet?"

::Cookie Monster yells "Cookies!"

Matt says, "No! Imagination!"

King Prawn

Reaction score
I remember when I was younger I had this special on video (it actually came out on video in the UK) and would pause it every moment at the exact same spot, that being when they show all the magazines the Muppets had been on, I always paused it so I could make out the diffrent magazine covers but as it was a video and not a DVD you get lines in the middle of the tv screen when you paused it so I could never really see them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
heralde said:
I just remember Traveling Matt saying, "Do you know what it takes to be a Muppet?"

::Cookie Monster yells "Cookies!"

Matt says, "No! Imagination!"
I don't remember that scene. Can anybody tell me if this was cut from the Nickelodeon airing of the special (I've only seen this special on Nickelodeon).

David French

Reaction score
I have two copies of the special taped off different channels in different years and *neither* of my copies have that "scene".

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh! I have a copy in a pink box, and it definatly has the scene with Cookie yelling in front of Travelling Matt, scareing the life out of Sprocket and making Matt duck under the table. It's a hilarious little scene.

Does anyone know who wrote the special? Was it J Juhl? Because the charcters are at their finest (similar to MFC).