Russi Taylor the original voice of Baby Gonzo has passed away at age 75

fragglevision

Reaction score
Very sad indeed. I posted this comment on a video of "I'll Be Blue For You":

If you're ever sad, just remember that the earth is 4 billion years old and you managed to exist at the same time as Russi Taylor.

C to the J

Reaction score
Gosh, I honestly didn't think Russi would kick the bucket that early. It kinda makes me wonder how those who are beyond 75 years of age are able to prolong their longevity. I guess we'll have to figure out who'll take her place as Minnie, some child characters from The Simpsons (including, but not limited to, Martin, Sherri, and Terri), and any other significant roles she played.

At least she's reunited with Wayne in the afterlife.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
As a fan of Hanna-Barbera cartoons, she also lent her vouce to:

The teenage Pebbles Flintstone
Smoogle on "Smurfs",
Dolly Van Dumpling on the "Beauty Queen for a Day" episode of "The Little Rascals" cartoon series
Pac-Baby on "Pac-Man
Penelope Pitstop on "Yogi's Treasure Hunt"
The vampiress teacher in "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School"

Her voice work was truly amazing, I'm surprised she didn't voice any inserts for "Sesame Street".

Russi Taylor died exactly two years after the voice of Frances Fairy (June Foray) left us.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Gosh, I honestly didn't think Russi would kick the bucket that early. It kinda makes me wonder how those who are beyond 75 years of age are able to prolong their longevity. I guess we'll have to figure out who'll take her place as Minnie, some child characters from The Simpsons (including, but not limited to, Martin, Sherri, and Terri), and any other significant roles she played.

At least she's reunited with Wayne in the afterlife.
I think Grey DeLisle-Griffin (current voice of Daphne Blake on "Scooby-Doo") would be a perfect fit for the role of Minnie Mouse.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
If I know Disney as a company, then I can see them casting an unknown voice actress to be the next Minnie Mouse. Nothing against the current voice actress out there, but considering the importance of Minnie as a character and a company mascot for Disney...it would be in the best interesting of the company to cast an unknown voice actress for the role.

With the exception of the new Mickey Mouse shorts, take a look at the voices of Disney mascot characters via Mickey Mouse and friends.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Remember, Caroll based Oscar's voice on a cab driver with a large cigar in one corner of his mouth, and speaking out the other corner - I think that accounts for the "snarl" face he makes when doing Oscar.
If I know Disney as a company, then I can see them casting an unknown voice actress to be the next Minnie Mouse. Nothing against the current voice actress out there, but considering the importance of Minnie as a character and a company mascot for Disney...it would be in the best interesting of the company to cast an unknown voice actress for the role.

With the exception of the new Mickey Mouse shorts, take a look at the voices of Disney mascot characters via Mickey Mouse and friends.
Well except for Bill Farmer who was known guy for his improv more at the time