Rumor: Possible new Muppet Show after 27 years

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm not going to take the Telegraph article seriously. Usually actual news doesn't contain foolish mistakes like misspelling movie titles (Muppets Take Manhatten) and calling Kermit the stage manager. I doubt Jason Segal is going to leave his acting career to write for a TV show. And I can't take any big announcement in a poorly-written, ungrammatical article seriously if the news comes from an unidentified source who could very well be a sock on the writer's hand.

As doe The Guardian's article, I agree with Fozzie Bear; they're probably talking about a Henson project that has nothing to do with the Disney-owned Muppets.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oop! I didn't see the date on that article. I expected that if an admin posted it as a news article, it would be slightly current.

If there is a new series, that would be great. I have to wonder what format it would be, as variety shows aren't that hot now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
27 years? So MT! doesn't count?

And yeah, we were supposed to get a new show like four or five years ago, but Disney shelved it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MT doesn't count as The Muppet Show, because it is Muppets Tonight. So, theoretically it is correct.

Also, did MT even air in the UK?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
MT did air in the UK because I have had people ask Jim Lewis about some of of the UK skits with Clueless Morgan and Polly Lobster I believe

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahhh. Good point. I wonder what channel it was on...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know I'm just a poor boy from the hills of Tennessee, but I would hope that one day we get MT on dvd with the UK skits as well. Why do I even think about that when we can't even seem to get TMS season 4!