Rowlf on The Jimmy Dean Show

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have often wondered why Jimmy Dean was never a TMS guest star. Was he still in show buisness at the time, or was he too busy with his saussage buisness?

Does Jimmy Dean own a distribution company? After thinkin about hwo he got the footage from his show, supposedly the distribution rights, I wonder if he has/had a company to distribute the show, or if he would have to make deals with other companies on his own.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I looked around a little, and couldn't find anything stating whether or not he has a distribution company. I think while The Muppet Show was airing, he was more or less focused on the sausage company. He did do two albums and two singles during the five-year run, but I would assume he would have been pretty busy otherwise.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
WELL!

I will always be HIS dog!!
:smile:

No, I think Henson (Muppets Inc) SHOULD have all rights to any footage of me

After all, they're all in black and white....right??

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Time-Life recently released a DVD, The Best of The Jimmy Dean Show, which supposedly includes two Rowlf sketches. So I guess that means that either the people who own the rights to the show own the distribution rights to the sketches, or Time-Life was able to make a deal with whoever owns the Rowlf sketches to have Rowlf included on the DVD.