Richard Hunt It's been 14 years

Frogster

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
*raises glass to Richard Hunt* Here's to you, man.

'Your face', will never be forgotten, dear man.

I know this is quite personal, but when I found out I had Hepatitis C, my first thoughts were, "Am I going to die? What will happen to me??" then, for some reason, my thoughts turned to Richard, and his battle with aids...he's been my...I guess my driving force to help me get through this last year of my treatments. I'm happy to say, my virus/disease is out of remission right now. But every time, I wanted to stop, I remembered him. It's sappy, and probably not the best thing to say on these boards, but he kept me going.

*raises glass again* To Richard. My muse for my stories and my everlasting help though those hard times. Thank you Richard.
It's this kind of inspiration that should be shared with the board, if you feel comfortable with it. It's an amazing story, and I'm glad to hear he was an inspiration for you. Very touching... and I'm sure Richard thinks the same.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you. I was simply afraid they would try to ban me or something. It is quite personal to speak of it. Although I don't mind.

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier, I think that's a really powerful story! I'm glad that he was able to touch your life that way.

Here's to you Richard Hunt, your missed.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't heard of Richard until a few years ago. That changed after reading the informative and very touching Tribute section of Muppet Central. He definitely seemed to represent a lot of the Muppet's edge, something they've lost nowadays.

Of course, whether I knew his name or not, I've heard his voice my whole life, through the various characters he helped create. They were an important part of our childhoods. From knowing nothing about him, Richard has definitely become my favorite Muppet performer (and I'm not alone). :wink:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Same with me. I just heard of him, like, 10 or 11 months ago. I don't remember how I found out...well, I was reading the Jim Henson: The Works book, and his picture kept coming up, and those were my favorite, but I never took the initiative to look in the corner and see his little name. Besides that knowledge, I knew one of the other Muppeteers besides Henson had passed on, but I figured it couldn't be the guy from the pictures because I would have remembered. But then, when I made the connection, I got so mad and told absolutely everyone. And that's when I read the tributes.

How did everyone else find out about him?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to meet him when i was in High School, he was a great talent and very funny guy, and he had no problem taking time to talk to me , and some of my family that came with me, i have a few pics in my personel albums with him and my brother and Forgetful jones,

he actually passed away a month after my second visit to the set , i guess i made an impression because he remeber who i was, and took time to say hi and look at some pictures (of my rather crude puppet attempts)

he is missed by many people, and was a big part of what made me get into the muppets as a kid.

Frogster

Reaction score
Man, I know I sure miss him. Too bad I was too young to realize how important all these people are to me.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I was wondering, I was reading the Richard Hunt sections of Jim henson: The Works and Of Muppets and Men, and they seem to be a little conflicting of each other. In one it says that Richard had joined the Muppets without handling anything more foreign than a basketball, and the other says that people had been giving Richard puppets all his life. Does anyone know which is true? I suppose both could be true, but I was just wondering.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Man, I know I sure miss him. Too bad I was too young to realize how important all these people are to me.
Too true, too true.

About MeepBorkMeep's question. I've noticed that inconsistency too. Personally I always thought the "basketball" comment sounded like some PR statement that probably wasn't researched, but looked nice in print.