Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
And this is exactly why I cannot stand the most liberal-biased news network known as CNN

Seriously, the guy has been out of office for months now. And they’re still reporting on him. :rolleyes:

Then again, this is the same company that reported on the guy getting two scoops of ice cream and eating KFC differently. Desperate idiots.
They need Trump to get clicks and views. Their ratings are slipping without a boogeyman to keep their viewers tuning in. They tried shifting gears and focusing on Marjorie Taylor Greene but that didn't do the trick. Wouldn't be surprised if mainstream liberals like the ones at CNN and the late-night talk-show hosts secretly wish he was still in office.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Happy July 4.

In spite of its flaws, this is still the greatest country to live in, with a wider degree of freedom than anywhere else on earth.

How great is this country? Even those who hate it the most still won’t leave, won’t you?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly after the deal with Bill Cosby and Britney Spears, I’m choosing not to celebrate this year. This flawed system alone represents everything wrong with our country.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s the difference between you and me. This country is flawed, at times we failed to live up to the ideals put forth in the Constitution. But I’d still rather stake my claim here over anywhere else.
Morally, Bill Cosby deserves to be in jail. But the media and prosecution were so gung ho to nail him, Due Process went out the window.

As a bisexual man, there are places on earth you wouldn’t have any LGBTQ rights at all, short of getting your head cut off.

As a Christian there are places I wouldn’t be able to worship in peace. I might not get killed, but likely thrown in jail.

Are there flaws in this country? Yes. But if it wasn’t fit to live here, I’d leave so fast your head would spin.
Like, don’t let the door hit me in the butt on the way out. That fast.
But I stay, because there is nowhere else on earth you can express your freedoms and exercise your rights as here.
If you think you can get a better deal somewhere else, nothing is keeping you here, either.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My personal issues with this country are its clear biases with race, sexual orientations and biological sexes, which result in many unfair double standards in many situations. This country has also continually proven we really are the most whiny and spoiled - an instance of a news report of twitter getting aggravated over the fact that its creator Jack Dorsey was eating chik-fil-a on pride month, which got just as much news coverage as Trump meeting Kim Jong Il in North Korea. As a bisexual man, I’m fully aware of chik-fil-a’s controversy and don’t agree with their beliefs, regardless if I do enjoy their tasty chicken, but the fact that it got just as much news coverage….. says a lot. Last year alone proved just how pampered America is with the fact that a face mask completely divided society and even sparked ridiculous protests, and the fact that a good portion of our country cared more for their pleasure than the safety of other people during this pandemic is another good example.

And yes, I’m fully aware there are locations that are completely LGBT discriminative - Hawaii and Jamaica are both good examples. It’s something I’ve done a lot of research on. I can easily say I wouldn’t move to either locations. While LGBT people may have more rights in this country than they did for a long while, it still doesn’t hide the fact that this country will forever have a clear LGBT bias and discrimination.

If given the choice, I actually would prefer much more living in Canada, England or Australia. Canada would be a big choice for me at that.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There are flaws, not so much with the structure of this nation, but with developments in society. The biggest change in the last several decades, is the breakdown of the family unit. It is becoming rarer to find people getting married, staying married, being there for children, the whole deal.
People glued to their phones so they can’t even contact with people anymore. There’s a world of difference between staying connected and bonding with people.
The breakdown of the social fabric in this country. Things like sports used to unite people. Now sports is used for athletes and teams to make political agendas that divide people further
The media is divisive. Trying to pit neighbors against each other. You voted for Trump? You’re evil! I don’t even know anything about you, but you’re the devil incarnate.
People rejecting God. Not religion, but God.
Blessed is the nation whose God is Lord.
There is very little if any unifying things that make us all the same.

In spite of all the flaws that still exist, this land held promise for an Irish immigrant who came over in 1927 with no money, couldn’t speak English, but worked hard and made sacrifices, during the Depression and WWII, and two generations later paved for a better life for me.
This country still holds promise for you to carve your own destiny. Flawed, no more or less than anywhere else on earth.
But this immigrant’s grandson is proud to be here, and ain’t leaving anytime soon.

James Gallagher, from Burtonport, Ireland, thank you for hanging a left at Greenland.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
American news networks alone are also why I have problems with this country. They just LOVE to divide the communities with their double-standard biased views.

Looking at you, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, Fox, etc.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This is what media does. Divide and conquer. Plant the seeds of fear, resentment, mistrust, paranoia, stirring up the pot.
Those people over there are bad. You don’t know them personally or individually, but take them hem as a collective whole. They’re bad. Stop them before they stop you.

That’s their game. Plus they think you’re too dumb to think for yourself, so they’ll gladly tell you what to think.As long as you agree with the crap they hand you, you’re fine.
Have a dissenting opinion, they’ll turn on you.

And as long as a certain narrative is pushed, facts don’t matter.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t have any agendas whatsoever. I believe every community and political side has issues that personally get under my skin. It’s why I’ve become more of an introvert as I’ve gotten older.

Like even as a liberal I have issues with the left. Even as a white person I have issues with my own race. Even as an LGBT member I believe the community is also quite divided at that. Heck even as a man I have issues with my own sex.