Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
There was some speculation Governor Cuomo would run. Joe being so old and not having all his marbles.
But trying to manage a state that’s still Ground Zero for the virus, he can’t just jump ship.
Cuomo would be awful. He certainly talks a good game in his press briefings, but his reaction to this whole situation was just as slow as Trump, only no one points it out. He also is looking to horde the national stock pile and add it to the state's. It takes a lot of guts to say the federal government is not giving you supplies when you planned on sticking them in a warehouse.

Truth is there are almost not leaders in government right now. So much stupidity and hypocrisy is being exposed. Worst of all, none of it will matter. We will continue to vote in inept people.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I've always liked Amy Kloubchar and think she'd be an excellent pick. It would be a much more centrist ticket that I think those in the middle could really get behind.
I agree I have a lot of respect for Kloubchar. That pick will absolutely make a lot of the Bernie Supporters and progressives angry though.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The one thing Biden has in his favor- of all the Democrats, he was the closest to the center. Everyone else was further to the left. More radical left-leaning policies may gain traction in New York or California, but not necessarily in the Midwest farmlands.

the biggest drawback he has is his age. Reagan was 70 when he got elected, but through his second term, Alzheimer’s got the best of him. If Biden can get elected and survive a full term (let alone two) without dropping dead will be a miracle.

one last footnote. Two years ago, Alyssa Milano was swearing up and down Brett Kavanaugh was guilty with no evidence, just by virtue of being a man he is a pig, and unfit to be on the Supreme Court.

Biden is only running for president, touching ladies in plain view, we can turn a blind eye to that.

Alyssa is so generous, giving two faces for the price of one.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I follow Alyssa Milano on twitter and I definitely appreciate her advocating for women’s rights and telling her sexual assault stories. My personal preference - I never believed Brett was innocent myself.

However, I do have to agree with her relationship with Joe Biden - that’s the only time she has made me raise an eyebrow. Otherwise, I hold no ill will against her.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Republicans as of yesterday: "Where's our stimulus checks?" "When are we gonna get our stimulus checks?" "President Trump promised us stimulus checks!" "How could he not deliver on his promise like this?"

Republicans are of today: "Our checks finally came!" "Got my check today!" "This is the one of the best things President Trump has ever done for America!" "He should be allowed to deduct these checks from his personal taxes, it's the least we can do for him being in such a thankless job that he doesn't take a salary for!"

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Republicans as of yesterday: "Where's our stimulus checks?" "When are we gonna get our stimulus checks?" "President Trump promised us stimulus checks!" "How could he not deliver on his promise like this?"

Republicans are of today: "Our checks finally came!" "Got my check today!" "This is the one of the best things President Trump has ever done for America!" "He should be allowed to deduct these checks from his personal taxes, it's the least we can do for him being in such a thankless job that he doesn't take a salary for!"
What are you even talking about? You make no sense. Do you wake up everyday thinking about Trump and the Republicans all the time. Seriously dude seek help.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I follow Alyssa Milano on twitter and I definitely appreciate her advocating for women’s rights and telling her sexual assault stories. My personal preference - I never believed Brett was innocent myself.

However, I do have to agree with her relationship with Joe Biden - that’s the only time she has made me raise an eyebrow. Otherwise, I hold no ill will against her.
No, my only beef with her was when Kavanaugh was up for Justice, she was in the courtroom swearing he was guilty with no shred of evidence, let’s make an example out of him.

Along comes Joe, and Alyssa discovers there’s this concept called Due Process, and Biden should receive the benefit of that before any judgement is reached.

But with Kavanaugh due process didn’t exist.

It’s tough. By all means if a woman is raped, molested, assaulted, abused, of course we want justice served and the assailants to pay. But I think Metoo has done more harm than good, with women making false allegations and true victims not getting proper support.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is where I feel like Joe Biden really got a Democrat pass with his actions - it almost feels like Metoo has translated to “believe all women..... unless you’re left-leaning. Then you’re free to go.”

And completely agreed with the false allegations! As someone who almost got sexually assaulted back in 9th grade when I was 16 (June 2009), I don’t find that **** funny at all! That same day, the kid who tried pulling that **** on me later on chased an old friend of mine in the boys bathroom while holding his ***** out. He got expelled that same day. And this same kid I had to share my home room with..... for two years in a row!

All I’m saying is if you have never been sexually harassed or assaulted - keep your mouth shut and shut the **** up. Lying about this **** to get someone in trouble is not only a scumbag move on your part, but a big slap in the face to people who have actually experienced this ****.

Any Del

Reaction score
What are you even talking about? You make no sense. Do you wake up everyday thinking about Trump and the Republicans all the time. Seriously dude seek help.
What would he be seeking help for?