Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't mind having a open minded discussion about any of this. I try to be respectful of everyone else even though I know we dissagagree on a lot.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
From what I understood, it isn't wrong, but we just don't do it it increases the risk of you losing your faith.
I've never sat in a church where it was taught against, and I've been in some real fundamental, almost angry at anyone who was not in there church churches before.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
But yeah, here's basically a summary of what the entire thread's been reduced to:

SOMEBODY: (Posts something to make a point)
CENSORED: So in other words, you're a bigot, and I'm not, so you're wrong and I'm right.

CENSORED: So in other words, you're a racist and will bring back segregation, so you're wrong and I'm right.

CENSORED: So in other words, you support the genocide of innocent people who you think don't deserve to live, so you're wrong and I'm right.

SOMEBODY: (Posts something about children)
CENSORED: LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!!! I'M AN EXPERT ON CHILDREN BECAUSE I'M A CHILD PSYCHIATRIST, SO YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT!!!
For the most part even when people disagree on here we've been able to keep it civil. Which considering the topics and the fact difference in opinions and believes is quit remarkable.

Censored

Reaction score
Again, the difference is you can choose what you serve, but not who you serve. Refusing all gay people is legally wrong. Refusing to make a custom cake for a gay wedding because you dont wish to make that kind of cake is legal. If a gay person tries to buy a cheese danish, and is refused, that is discrimination and illegal. If a gay person wants to buy a cherry pie, but you dont make cherry pies and refuse, thats not discrimination.
And how would that translate to a man who chose not to make custom cakes for interracial, African Americans, Jews, etc.?

Censored

Reaction score
In terms of groups that fall under a protective class, race and sexual orientation are treated the same.
So, you’re saying a business could legally refuse service based on race as well?