Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
So how would it play out if a baker refused to do an interracial wedding?
That is a good question. I have no idea. Is there a religion that specifically bans interracial marriage?

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know we have had this discussion before, but please correct me if I'm wrong sexual orientation and race are two totally different things right?

MWoO

Reaction score
All of these same arguments were used to defend refusal to serve African Americans years ago. Same story. Different targets.
Again, the difference is you can choose what you serve, but not who you serve. Refusing all gay people is legally wrong. Refusing to make a custom cake for a gay wedding because you dont wish to make that kind of cake is legal. If a gay person tries to buy a cheese danish, and is refused, that is discrimination and illegal. If a gay person wants to buy a cherry pie, but you dont make cherry pies and refuse, thats not discrimination.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That is a good question. I have no idea. Is there a religion that specificallys bans interracial marriage?
Islam perhaps, as far as Christians I don't think it is. Now there may be some fundamentals out there that frown upon it simply because they are racist to begin with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Islam perhaps, as far as Christians I don't think it is. Now there may be some fundamentals out there that frown upon it simply because they are racist to begin with.
You're right, actually. I've witnessed some of those more fundamentalists and Evangelicals, saying it's just as sinful for a white person to marry a black person as it is for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman.

Then again, to hear them tell it, it's also sinful for a Christian to marry a non-Christian as well (i.e. a Jew, an atheist, a Muslim, et al).

MWoO

Reaction score
In terms of groups that fall under a protective class, race and sexual orientation are treated the same.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But yeah, here's basically a summary of what the entire thread's been reduced to:

SOMEBODY: (Posts something to make a point)
CENSORED: So in other words, you're a bigot, and I'm not, so you're wrong and I'm right.

CENSORED: So in other words, you're a racist and will bring back segregation, so you're wrong and I'm right.

CENSORED: So in other words, you support the genocide of innocent people who you think don't deserve to live, so you're wrong and I'm right.

SOMEBODY: (Posts something about children)
CENSORED: LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!!! I'M AN EXPERT ON CHILDREN BECAUSE I'M A CHILD PSYCHIATRIST, SO YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT!!!