Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Censored

Reaction score
Classic. Disagree with someone politically? Accuse them of racism!
Because of course, there has been nothing even remotely racist taking place on the Right these days.

Censored

Reaction score
We already determined your stance of those that have committed serious crime, but you also said I was wrong when I said you think that is the only reason to deport. So... under what circumstances would you deport a non-criminal and/or refuse illegal entry at the border. You keep saying case by case basis and extenuating circumstances, but we are talking about laws, not feelings. So, outside of criminal background, when do YOU think we should enforce immigration laws?
Do you listen at all? I explained that in my last post.

Censored

Reaction score
Oh yes, obey the letter of the law with no regard to the circumstances. Sounds like Barney Fife.

Censored

Reaction score
We already determined your stance of those that have committed serious crime, but you also said I was wrong when I said you think that is the only reason to deport. So... under what circumstances would you deport a non-criminal and/or refuse illegal entry at the border. You keep saying case by case basis and extenuating circumstances, but we are talking about laws, not feelings. So, outside of criminal background, when do YOU think we should enforce immigration laws?
So now let me ask you, under what circumstances would you show mercy?

MWoO

Reaction score
Do you listen at all? I explained that in my last post.
So... you did n't once explain it. You used vague non-specific generalities. This is what you said "a determination needs to be made as to whether they get sent back or allowed to stay. Much of it should depend on the extenuating circumstances."

See? See how you didnt actually give a specific example? See how this is vague and generic and doesn't directly address the specific question that was asked, namely under what specific circumstances do you think an illegal immigrant ought to be deported?

I'll try one more time. Please provide a specific example. I can not be more clear, so I guess the real question is do you listen (or I should say read cause... you know... written text).

Oh yes, obey the letter of the law with no regard to the circumstances. Sounds like Barney Fife.
So... you think we shouldn't obey the law? Our legal system does make room for compassion and leniency by the way. For example, Jorge Garcia entered the US illegally. In 2005 he hired a lawyer to file citizenship paper work for him. The lawyer that Jorge chose screwed up and the dead line passed and Jorge was ordered by a judge to be deported. He appealed and was ordered again to voluntarily depart. He filed for a stay of deportation and discretion was used that allowed him to stay. This was suppose to be a temporary matter so he could make arrangements, not a work around to legal immigration. In 2017 (12 years later) he was finally told he had to leave, but he was STILL allowed to stay until after the holidays. He agreed to voluntarily leave and in doing so could have simply had his wife file for petition to have him brought back into the country legally. Since she was a citizen, he would have been back in within a year. He wouldn't have even missed a single family Christmas.

So yeah... This is an example of compassion being given and then abused. He was told he needed to voluntarily depart, agreed to do so after failing to file proper paper work for the deadline, and then broke his word and abused judicial discretion. He is still eligible to apply for legal citizenship by the way, and had he done it back in 2005 he would have been done and over with this by now. Point being, he system already leaves room for human compassion.

So now let me ask you, under what circumstances would you show mercy?
Under no circumstance so I think we should accept illegal immigrants and allow them to stay. However, I do support legal immigration of those that qualify for asylum (which would require they have a hearing and prove that their race, religion, sexual orientation or gender is being targeted for persecution in their country of origin. I think we should be giving work visas to those who have already arranged for jobs in the US so that the people coming in will not immediately need government assistance.

I think those that try to cross over illegally should be detained, but there should be bilingual officers that provide information on how to legally apply for citizenship, they should even provide assistance with filling out applications prior to deporting people. If during this process it is determined that the people trying to enter qualify as a refugee, they should be granted a hearing to determine asylum. Mind you, being poor does not make you a refugee. It's why Canada isn't forced to take all of our homeless population and we need to figure it out for ourselves. Being a refugee requires proof that you are being actively persecuted.

As far as children go, if there are legal citizens in the US related to the children, the parents should have the option of allowing their children to stay with those legal family members. If they do not have family here then the children should be deported back with their parents. During the detention process, I do believe children should be housed separately, but parents should have access to them. I think they ought to be separated so that 1. the children don't need to deal with the boring process their parents are going through, 2. we need to be able to ensure there are no signs of abuse or trafficking (Which is a real concern), 3. I don't want kids sleeping in the same room as strange adults they don't know in case there are criminals among those caught illegal crossing the border. Basically, we should have a better run process that is similar to what Trump was doing. What he did was for shock and awe, I propose that be tweaked so we can be compassionate while still enforcing our laws.

I'm such a monster, aren't I?

See how I gave specific examples? Now you try.

MWoO

Reaction score
So much for the "respectful" title. :rolleyes:
I tried, i really did. I lost it a bit in my last post, but I think for the most part ive been as respectful as possible and reasonable, but it is very challenging to deal with someone that dodges very specific and direct questions and the pretends like they didnt do that.

Omg... is Censored.... Liberal Trump??? :eek: