Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Why is it that almost every country in the world stole and killed for land and yet only America is getting **** for it?

Censored

Reaction score
Ok then, tell me on what grounds you think we should detain illegal immigrants, those that are already here and those attempting to cross the border without our consent.
They should be detained if they’re guilty of a serious crime such as theft, murder, etc. For those that are uncertified, but not guilty of any serious crime, a determination needs to be made as to whether they get sent back or allowed to stay. Much of it should depend on the extenuating circumstances.

Censored

Reaction score
I'm not sure hate is the right word. Accept sounds more appropriate, and could be extended to all other races and people of different sexual orientation. Both sides can not seem to accept that people are different and do not always agree.
They’re trying to keep America as White as possible.

MWoO

Reaction score
Why is it that almost every country in the world stole and killed for land and yet only America is getting **** for it?
England got a good deal of flack for it as well which is why their "empire" collapsed. The difference is the US expanded and stayed that way. We as a country tend to have massive and fast social changes and wildly swing from one extreme to the other. I mean, it's literally only been 153 years from when slavery ended to total legal racial equality. We are only 54 years past legal segregation. There are people alive today whose grand parents were slaves and who personally remember being unable to drink from the same water fountain as other races. That's insane. Its great that we have complete equality under the law and that segregation is over, but the fact it happened so fast and such a short time ago is why we still have social racism from both sides. We all like to think these issues were dealt with such a long time ago, but the reality is the nation won't get over this for at least another generation or two.

Censored

Reaction score
Maybe because we were discussing America and its policies just now, not that of another country?

MWoO

Reaction score
They should be detained if they’re guilty of a serious crime such as theft, murder, etc. For those that are uncertified, but not guilty of any serious crime, a determination needs to be made as to whether they get sent back or allowed to stay. Much of it should depend on the extenuating circumstances.
We already determined your stance of those that have committed serious crime, but you also said I was wrong when I said you think that is the only reason to deport. So... under what circumstances would you deport a non-criminal and/or refuse illegal entry at the border. You keep saying case by case basis and extenuating circumstances, but we are talking about laws, not feelings. So, outside of criminal background, when do YOU think we should enforce immigration laws?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can disagree with you, but I don't hate you because we disagree.