Remembering Jim Henson

cjd874

Reaction score
I was born after Jim's death, but I read a lot of biographies about him, and I got the sense that he was one of the most incredible human beings to walk the Earth. Thank you Jim Henson, for blessing the lives of millions of people with your characters and TV shows. They are still carrying on, entertaining people around the world. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Big Bird, Elmo, Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie, Grover, Cookie, The Swedish Chef, Bert and Ernie, Rowlf, Gobo, Mokey, Oscar, the Count, Wembley, Boober, Junior Gorg, the Doozers, the Trash Heap...the list goes on and on. Thanks, Jim. You still give us hope that someday we'll find it...the Rainbow Connection.

Gauky1976

Reaction score
Jim Henson was and will forever be one of my heroes. I remember being in shock and crying as the news of his passing filtered through to Australia. Jim, Kermit and the Muppet gang kept me company during the many hours that I spent in hospital as a child and the two Kermit dolls:smile::smile: I have sitting on the office shelf keep me company as an adult.

I often wondered what I would have said to Mr. Henson if I ever met him and the only thing I could come up with is "thank you". So even though I never got to meet him, I would still like to say thank you for some of the most wonderful memories of my childhood. Thank you for Kermit and the gang. Thank you for the laughs and thank you for being you.

Gauky1976

Reaction score
I met Jim Henson in 1985, a year after doing a tribute to The Dark Crystal for the 1984 World Science Fiction Convention in Anaheim California. I have recently done a web tribute for the 30th anniversary of the film and included details of the encounter with Jim Henson. The site address is: www.dark-crystal-tribute.com. Enjoy
Wow!! What a great meeting and what great memories. Jim Henson is one of the world's true gentleman.:excited:

DrDientes

Reaction score
I was born four years after Jim's passing, but I miss him anyway. He made the world a better and more beatiful place. He was a great soul and a marvelous person.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I met Jim Henson in 1985, a year after doing a tribute to The Dark Crystal for the 1984 World Science Fiction Convention in Anaheim California. I have recently done a web tribute for the 30th anniversary of the film and included details of the encounter with Jim Henson. The site address is: www.dark-crystal-tribute.com. Enjoy
That's a great story. I'm so happy for you that he got a chance to look at your fan art and reply to it like that. I remember reading that Jim liked when fans made art of his creations in a positive light. Thanks for sharing with us. :smile:

Walter

Reaction score
I was also born after Jim's passing, but he has still made such an impact on my life, and truly changed it for the better... I really wish I could have met him.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Henson.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I was almost 3 when Jim passed away. I don't have any memories from that day but what stands out to me is what my dad said a few years ago upon the 20th anniversary of Jim's passing...
I was hospitalized at the end of that month (May 1990) and my dad said he remembers news magazines in the lobby of the hospital with cover stories about Jim's death and his legacy. This got me thinking about the deep impact that Jim and his work had, that his passing was making national headlines. It's fitting that my dad's memory would be rooted in something like that, because as kids we were raised with an appreciation for and love of the Muppets and it most definitely came from our parents. And I was far too young to have any idea of any of the impact of such a loss or that it had even happened in 1990, but I've been deeply affected and touched every year on this day since 2010.