Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I wouldn't truly say that, as most people do know of :batty: from Sesame Street, but not of Jerry's history of the character.
I never said they don't know what Sesame Street or The Count is. I mean if you just say "Jerry Nelson" most people don't know him until you tell them who he was. Since the news did a very, very, brief mentioning of him more people probably know who he is now but in general he's not famous enough at least media outlet wise to do a full story is what I'm saying. Which again I think is really sad but pshh who cares about the news anyways. :stick_out_tongue:

RC1979

Reaction score
Anybody know if Frank Oz or any other performer reacted to his death yet?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Anybody know if Frank Oz or any other performer reacted to his death yet?
The Henson Company released a statement through Lisa Henson. Which I posted it somewhere in here. Lol. But haven't heard any reaction from the Muppeteers themselves...:/

RC1979

Reaction score
The Henson Company released a statement through Lisa Henson. Which I posted it somewhere in here. Lol. But haven't heard any reaction from the Muppeteers themselves...:/
I saw that one before. I just wonder what the performers think about his death.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm sure the muppeteers have reacted like most of us have. But yeah I'm a little curious myself. Ironically they were the first people I thought of when I heard the news. It's a great loss for the Muppet community...Although to me it's a big loss for the world. This has been a terrible year for entertainers passing. We've lost so many. :frown:

RC1979

Reaction score
I'm sure the muppeteers have reacted like most of us have. But yeah I'm a little curious myself. Ironically they were the first people I thought of when I heard the news. It's a great loss for the Muppet community...Although to me it's a big loss for the world. This has been a terrible year for entertainers passing. We've lost so many. :frown:
True very true.

Beauregard

Reaction score
This is just amazing. I felt quite sad, and then laughed at some of the sillier stuff (Thog's ears, actually!).

I've actually felt like I've been getting sadder and sadder since he died, rather than getting over it (if that makes any sense). Its been hard because usually I talk about the things that are upsetting me, but no one that I've spoken to in real life even gets it at all. :sing: I'm glad to have you guys here.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This is just amazing. I felt quite sad, and then laughed at some of the sillier stuff (Thog's ears, actually!).

I've actually felt like I've been getting sadder and sadder since he died, rather than getting over it (if that makes any sense). Its been hard because usually I talk about the things that are upsetting me, but no one that I've spoken to in real life even gets it at all. :sing: I'm glad to have you guys here.
Your not the only one. I mentioned his name to people and their like "who?" or "who is that?" Then after I tell them who Jerry was their like "OHHHH" :sigh: I mean I guess if your just a casual Muppet fan it's understandable but still sad at least most of the people around me had no clue who he was. :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Your not the only one. I mentioned his name to people and their like "who?" or "who is that?" Then after I tell them who Jerry was their like "OHHHH" :sigh: I mean I guess if your just a casual Muppet fan it's understandable but still sad at least most of the people around me had no clue who he was. :smirk:
The worst thing for me is not that they don't know who he is, but that they kinda go, "Oh," and move on to the next subject because they don't seem to get that his passing would have any impact on me as a person who never met him.

But then again, I guess I didn't understand myself why everyone was so upset about Amy Winehouse passing away...so...I guess I kinda acted the same myself.