• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Sesame moves to HBO Max
    Sesame Street is moving to the new HBO Max streaming service for Seasons 51-55. HBO Max will also stream a broad collection of classic episodes from the past 50 years.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Apparently, colleagues of Jerry have posted on Facebook that he's died.

Wow. I don't know what to say.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
:frown: oh no! *tear* i JUST watched the NEW "Muppets" movie tonight too and heard his voice! :frown: I seen Bill and his wife had it posted on there facebook pages...thats how i found out! :sympathy:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Oh my goodness. Words cannot describe how sad and in what utter disbelief I am in right now. :cry::cry::cry:

R.I.P Mr. Nelson... Thank you for all your work over the years. A true Muppet legend never to be forgotten.
:batty: :sing: :search: :cluck: :smirk:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This will probably be breaking news on here tomorrow. In the mean time I can't say much because I am still in disbelief. I don't think it's real it can't be right? I mean he was just in the latest film. So he has to still be here...I don't even have words my whole body has just went numb...I can't even cry because I just can't believe it...

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I'm completely lost. This is heartbreaking. R.I.P, Jerry. Beautiful man he was. </3 ;_;

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I just happened to check out my Twitter account tonight, only to find The Muppet Mindset passing along this horrible news. :sympathy:

I can't even begin to wrap my head around this! :cry:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson a nice greatful graceful one heck of a man.....who brought such good characters who will live on such as the count :batty: mr johnson sherlock homes:search: camila :cluck: statler :boo: floyd :sing: lew zeland :fishy: and gobo :smirk: :frown: you will be missed Jerry have fun visiting with Richard Jim and your daughter

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
:sympathy: I saw it on my Facebook wall from Muppet Wiki. I looked all over for news on Yahoo, Bing, and Google. Then I looked here and on Twitter and more FB posts, and I still can't believe it.

We will miss you, Jerry. :frown:
:sing::smirk::batty::search: :cluck::fishy::boo:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I don't believe it, but I'm sure it's true. I wish I knew for sure if it was actually true. If he did die, he will be missed by all of us. I think Count Von Count was his most popular character!