Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score

The Lost of A Dear Friend

When I heard Jerry Nelson had died, I had to draw something for him as a tribute. I'm not very good at backgrounds, but I gave it my best shot. I drew this today while listening to Jerry Nelson sing all day. I'd like to say THANK YOU to Muppet Central Radio for their musical tribute to him. Brought back many memories of all the songs I use to hear him sing that I hadn't heard in ages. I've laughed and cried all day long, thanks Jerry for the memories.

For the picture, Gobo Fraggle had gotten a postcard from his Uncle Traveling Matt (see note in jacket pocket) that delivered to him the terrible news. So here he is, crying his dear little Fraggle heart out over the lose of his very close friend by his graveside.

Two Fraggle tunes come to my mind as I post this:
Petals of A Rose - (Last Episode of FR)
Goodbye Goodbye (Just a Rainbow In The Sky) - (Episode 215 of FR)

I will miss you Jerry Nelson. Look forward to meeting you one day in heaven.

R.I.P. Jerry Nelson.
July 10, 1934 - August 23, 2012.

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
It's not cool when you log onto IMDB expecting to read about celebrities birthdays and laugh at the stupid things they've done now, and then you see the headline is that Jerry Nelson died. I was literally speechless. Everyone will miss you Jerry. You will never ever be forgotten. :cry:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

theSHE124

Reaction score
Actually, I was trying to figure out how to put a picture from my computer, not the Net. Like I said, I'm trying to give a present to Foodie, and it's a good one too! Know how?
By the way, sorry Bunnylady, I thought I was offending you. I'm not quite good at recognizing other minds! :embarrassed:

Vincent L

Reaction score
Actually, I was trying to figure out how to put a picture from my computer, not the Net. Like I said, I'm trying to give a present to Foodie, and it's a good one too! Know how?
Upload the file to a image hosting service like photobucket or img.ly.

Hubert

Reaction score
By the way, sorry Bunnylady, I thought I was offending you. I'm not quite good at recognizing other minds! :embarrassed:
To do that, you have to use some sort of third party website for images, or if you have a website of your own, you could upload it there as a third party website. Then link to that by putting the address of the image in the box that appears after clicking on the tree icon in the editing bar above.

EDIT: Ziffeled.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Every number has a more spiritual meaning to me. Every bass line has a skipped beat. Every song has less of a soul. Every time I touch the fleece, I will remember what Jerry did for me and my family, sharing love, numbers, music, compassion, idealism and soul. Godspeed Jerry. Thank you, fearless leader.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This has been a really hard weekend for the Jim Henson/Muppet world...