Remembering Caroll Spinney (December 26, 1933-December 8, 2019)

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Ryan and David have good things to say about Caroll:
My mom learned from Wendy Williams that Caroll had autism. She had my brother look it up to see if it was true. How come we never knew that before?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I . . . I'm finding that a little hard to swallow. If he did, he must have been very, very high-functioning.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That is sad. When I saw that 'Remembering Carroll Spinney' post, I thought it just had to do with his retirement. I didn't know he was gone for good. Well, it was nice that he appeared as himself in the 50th Anniversary Special. That was good to see. Also good to know that with Matt and Eric performing BB and Oscar respectively, his characters are in good hands.

Big Bird: I'm gonna miss you, Mr. Binney.

Maria: That's Spinney, Big Bird. Spinney.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I dreaded Caroll Spinney's death for a while but unfortunately it was inevitable. Having both Juice WRLD and Caroll Spinney die on the same day was a massive mood killer on that Sunday. RIP to both.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I . . . I'm finding that a little hard to swallow. If he did, he must have been very, very high-functioning.
It might not be true, but it's honestly not very much of a stretch. Things like puppets and art could've been special interests, he was very sensitive and emotional.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean, think about it: he grew up during the Great Depression, his family weren't exactly rolling in dough, one of his brothers was crippled due to a neglegiant doctor who refused to leave a party early when he mother was ready to deliver, his father had a violent temper, and to top it all off, he was a boy who was named Caroll. All of that surely had to have had an affect on him growing up.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I don't believe this, I have to have absolute proof to believe it

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I mean, it might not be true, but I also don't see why it would be so hard to believe.