RED ALERT! "The Muppets" fans need to contact ABC **NOW**!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwmckim

Reaction score
In a major shake-up at ABC Network, President Paul Lee was ousted today. Lee was "The Muppets"' biggest supporter/advocate and his departure greatly increases the show's chances of cancellation.

Muppet fans can't wait on this - if you want the show to be renewed, it's imperative to contact ABC with your show of support for "The Muppets" IMMEDIATELY. Even if you've done so previously, you need to do so again.

Here's something i wrote previously earlier this month in the Episode 1x11 thread:

"CONTACT ABC (both the network and your local affiliate station) Write, call, email, tweet etc. Let them know you're a devoted viewer of "The Muppets" and wish to see it renewed for a second season. (Include your demographic info such as age & gender)

I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that as you're doing so, encourage ABC to move a second season of "The Muppets" out of the doomed-to-fail Tuesday nights. This is one of the most competitive, saturated nights and while ABC thought highly enough of the series to put it there to begin with, it's becoming increasingly clear that in that crowded arena, viewers aren't choosing "The Muppets" among their choices to watch live as it's broadcast. The best thing ABC can do is concede that Tuesday is a poor fit and move it to a place where it's far more likely to attract the audience most receptive to it - which i believe to be the Wednesday night comedy block. "Move Before Cancel" needs to be our mantra that we deliver en masse to ABC. The audience is out there and the ability to be a hit still exists - but ABC needs to maximize the shows' effectiveness in reaching its target viewers.

It's really important to be proactive and do this as soon as possible BEFORE a cancellation announcement gets made!!

All communication needs to be polite and respectful and not angry or raving <snip>

Time for Muppet fans to represent. Our actions at this time is what may ultimately make the difference.

Ready, set, go!"

CONTACT INFO:
Twitter: @ABCNetwork (ABC Network), @channers3 (Lee's replacement, Channing Dungey), and @bensherwood (Ben Sherwood, chairman of Disney-ABC Television Group)

Email via abc.go.com/feedback

Phone: 818-460-7477 (show code #687)

Be sure to stream the show online (even if you just bring it up and let play in a different window while you do other things) at abc.go.com/shows/the-muppets and/or hulu.com/the-muppets

If someone asked me before today, i would have said that despite the recent ratings, "The Muppets" were likely to be renewed given their 123-country distribution and their season-average demos in comparison to all ABC's new shows plus Lee's support. Lee's departure changes everything! And with the shake-up, they are now much more in the likely-to-be-cancelled category...unless we fans do everything we can to show our support.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I sent feedback to ABC a few hours ago and everyone on Twitter is trying to get #RenewTheMuppets trending.

Honestly I think it's a lost cause at this point, but I will fight to the bitter end for my fandom.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I sent feedback to ABC a few hours ago and everyone on Twitter is trying to get #RenewTheMuppets trending.

Honestly I think it's a lost cause at this point, but I will fight to the bitter end for my fandom.
Once a cancellation announcement is made, THEN it becomes a lost cause. (Not that cancelled decisions is always "the end" - as my participation in three successful save-our-show campaigns can attest - but the key is to take action and be proactive BEFORE an official announcement...once that happens, any chance of success completely plummets and the odds are overwhelmingly against you.) That's why action now - by as many people possible is so important - to keep things from becoming a lost cause.

And as i mentioned upthread, there's still enough factors in "The Muppets"'s favor to give us hope for continuation. Like i said, were it not for the regime place that just took place, i would have pit the show in the "likely to be renewed" column. The key is to remind the present ABC executives of the reasons the show deserves to go forward and that the chances for the show to still be a success still exists...but they need to remove the obstacles hindering the show from being stronger (such as the night it airs...Lee's mistake with the show was not greenlighting it nor fighting for it to correct its flaws with a new showrunner but rather putting so much faith in it as to think it woud ultimately stand a chance in the killer Tuesday schedule. Correct that course of action and get the show where it's most likely to be seen by viewers watching live and that can be the key to live ratings performance.)

scooterfan360

Reaction score
oh ! I better snap out of my fear of internet safety , and reveal my name and address and location for this.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Muppet fans can't wait on this - if you want the show to be renewed, it's imperative to contact ABC with your show of support for "The Muppets" IMMEDIATELY. Even if you've done so previously, you need to do so again.
hi I just contacted abc, and I told them that I liked the retooled episodes. and not to cancel the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.