Rebusquest

Xerus

Reaction score
Well, it's done. My very own internet comic is finished. I call it Rebusquest. A funny and educational series about a magic land where rebus puzzles are a part of life. With my new site, I hope to make cartoons that will bring back the spirit of classic Saturday morning shows.

http://www.therebusquestwebsite.com/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey Cullen,

I just got through reading through all of episode one, and I have to say, I'm really liking this so far; you're right, it is fun and educational, and there's some genuine humor to it too, I like the running gags with Reba in getting Carson's name wrong, and the peanut butter milkshakes while she's lactose intolerant with peanut allergies.

I can't help but wonder if your webcomic is also modeled just slightly after Rocky and Bullwinkle with the continuing storylines, subtle wordplay and the puns?

Either way, I like what I'm reading, and I can't wait for the story to continue!

Xerus

Reaction score
Thank you for reading and commenting Snowthy. :smile: I'm glad you liked what I worked so hard on to draw and post. I got Carson's wrong name joke from when Big Bird used to mispronounce Mr. Hooper's name. And Reba's favorite treat are peanut butter milkshakes and she can't help herself from wanting them despite her allergies.

And yes, I did get my inspiration from Rocky and Bullwinkle and those other neat variety cartoon series like the Cattanooga Cats, Tennessee Tuxedo and his Tales, Yogi Bear, and Uncle Croc's Block. I plan to create two more cartoon series to show alongside Rebusquest. But RQ will be the main cartoon of my website.

Thanx again and I'll start working on my next cartoon now. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just finished reading the new Rebusquest episode, and eet vos voondurbahr!

Really does remind me of all those classic old video and arcade games from the 80s, lol. I used to love the original Super Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda (even though I could NEVER beat Death Mountain, and after watching a walkthrough on YouTube makes me wish I still had my old NES so I could give it another try, lol). Oh, and I should mention the very subtle Kermit reference was awesome too!

Xerus

Reaction score
Thank you for those kind words, Snowthy. I always wanted to do a cartoon about classic 80's video game characters and Rebusquest gave me my chance. :smile:

Yeah, Zelda was a tough game to get through, which was why I needed an instruction book to find those hidden caves otherwise I'd never finish the game. And all the Mario games were fun. Especially Super Mario 2.

And I just had to put a Muppet reference in my cartoon. I also always wondered if Kermit likes the game, Frogger. :smile: