Read any good books lately?

Kiki

Reaction score
(BUMP)

I'm big into bios. And I'm currently reading an 'Eagles' (the band... a'duh) book by Laura Jackson. It's called Eagles: Flying High.

It's got a lot of drug references in it, but you kind of have to expect that from a rock bio. Plus, it's very informative on the band.

anytimepally

Reaction score
This morning, I finished Justine, the first book in Lawrence Durrell's Alexandria Quartet and I've now started Balthasar, the second

Pork

Reaction score
Well I have recently read The Day of the Triffids and A star wars book called Alleigence.

Currently I am readin Frankenstein.

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am reading a book series by Beverly Lewis it is a series of 5 books called abrams daughters

Beverly wrights about fiction romance based on Amish life .

i am half way though the first book . i love her books but wanda brunster is another christian authour who wrights about the amish .

She is my all time faverie authour last week i finished 2 of her most rechent books .

the first one was called a sister's secrect and the second one in a series of 3 it is called a sister's test .

I can't wait for the 3rd one it comes out in July woooooooohooooooooo .

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I've just got two new books off Amazon (which my mam has hidden until my last exam is over on Monday :attitude: ). One is the events of Hamlet told from Ophelia's point of view, which I am pretty excited about reading, the other is Augusten Burroughs's new book who I absolutely ADORE.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I just read a really good book called "Girl Sleuth," by Melanie Rehak. It's the history of the Nancy Drew books and the people behind them. And it contains a great deal of info on women's rights in politics, the family and the workforce, and the history of adventure serials for kids, tied in with rising literacy rates in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Really interesting stuff.

I also just got (and just finished) "Rosewater and Soda Bread," by Marsha Mehran. It's the follow-up to "Pomegranate Soup," and it follows the three Iranian-born Aminpour sisters, Marjan, Bahar and Layla, as they run the Babylon Cafe in a small Irish village. Lots of references to Irish and Persian mythology, plus a mystery surrounding a strange young woman who's found wounded on a beach, but won't tell anyone who she is or what's happened. It's an excellent book; finished it in one evening.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I just read Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and I must say... it was one of the best books I've ever read. Clever, spooky, and very, very good story. Highly reccomend it!

Redsonga

Reaction score
What Book Are You Reading Right Now? (And what book have you bought lately?)

I have started reading Intrigues By Sharon Green today :smile:.

The newest book I've bought is The Lathe of Heaven by Le Guin, Ursula K :smile:

Pork

Reaction score
I'm reading "The Screwtape letters" by C. S. Lewis

and I've recently read "The Valley of Fear" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
I am quite a fan of Sherlock Holmes. :smile:

Before that I read "Cranford" by Elizabeth Gaskell

I'm also reading through the book of Judges in the Bible.