Read any good books lately?

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I started reading Inkheart, and liked it. I read the three Twilight books as summer reading and didn't like them at all. The fourth one, I started but got quickly bored. So, I am going back to reading Inkheart and will hopefully get around to reading The Shack very soon.

I also want to read Terry Pratchett's new book. I hear it is very good.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I know, I was joking silly :smile:.

I read Inkheart..I really wanted to like it but the writing felt very wooden to me and the plot went around in circles :frown:..They could have done so many amazing things with the plot but they always picked the most boring one it seemed :frown:
You probably read the English translation. I want to get the original in German and read it. Cornelia Funke is a well known writer here, and I do have the third book of the trilogy here, I would prefer to read the original, that is if I understand the language well enough to. Hopefully I can eventually continue with the German version.

Redsonga

Reaction score
You probably read the English translation. I want to get the original in German and read it. Cornelia Funke is a well known writer here, and I do have the third book of the trilogy here, I would prefer to read the original, that is if I understand the language well enough to. Hopefully I can eventually continue with the German version.
I did..I may be 3/4 German, but I can't read it :stick_out_tongue:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Shakespeare in Hollywood, a play by Ken Ludwig, my school is doing it as our fall play this year so I feel pretty obligated to read it. Not bad, not bad...

anytimepally

Reaction score
I haven't read any good books lately.. in case you were wondering :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I haven't read any good books lately.. in case you were wondering :wink:
You know, funny enough I was just wonderfing to myself, "Self, do you think Randall has read any good books lately? Oh I do so hope he posts to let us know if he has." :big_grin: :coy:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Guess what I read!

Nothing!

I havnt read any good books lately

Well, I have to read thew scarlet letter for school, but its not a good book. I hate it. I cant understand the darn thing. I get th eplot, I just cant understand thhe odd old timy english.

But I can recommend some good books that I have read

Blood & Chocolate
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment
Everlost
Carrie
Pet Sematary
Tantalize (it was ok, but I'm not big on vampires, I'm a werewolf person. If you like vampire books, then I would recomend it. Also not sure if I spelled it right)

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I just read something funny called 'More Lost In Translation', which is how people try and get their point across and totally mess up the language. Pretty funny stuff.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The good thing with German and English is even though it is still easy to get little things wrong, they share a lot with each other and on a basic level are easy to understand IMHO :smile:. On a basic level of course, now convenience and inconvenience, that is hard for even some english speakers in the first place...I would have just said "Sorry for all the trouble." or something. Basic :3!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I just picked up my copy of "The War Within," by Bob Woodward. Since I'm a reporter, Woodward's books are pretty much required reading for me.

When I went to the bookstore to pick it up, I also bought an anthology of short stories called "Telling Tales;" the proceeds from that one go to benefit HIV/AIDS patients and their caregivers. I also bought "Jim Henson's Doodle Dreams," which resulted in my having a quick Muppet-related chat with the clerk at the checkout desk.