Quinney Practice Puppets

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Mike. Glad to see you here on the boards! Cute puppet!

BTW: Being that you're in Arizona, will you be going to Anizona which is coming up soon?

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hey, Mike. Glad to see you here on the boards! Cute puppet!

BTW: Being that you're in Arizona, will you be going to Anizona which is coming up soon?
Anizona eh? That's a new one on me. I'm sure i'll get kicked out!!! :embarrassed:
I wonder what happens there?.. I'll have to look into it :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.anizona.org/

Don't worry about a thing. Nobody'll kick you out. I have a BUNCH of my friends here in Memphis are promoting their comics there, namely Lin Workman and Dave Beaty from www.BushiTales.com. Both of them are of the Karate variety, or some such. Another buddy is, too. The fourth guy is just a Wookie, so you know you're safe around him.

Apparently last year's was a big hit so it might be worth your trouble to go?

Edited to add the Anizona information in case your interested, Mike. I won't be there, but it'll be cool, I know:

AniZona 2
April 14-16, 2006
Embassy Suites
Phoenix, AZ
http://www.anizona.org/

Team Bushi Tales will be at AniZona 2! Come meet Local Comics Guest of Honor Dave Beaty, Lin Workman, Micah Stewart and Soundtrack Composer Joel Gamble (Friday only!) We'll be putting on several panels:

Friday 1pm-3pm
Intro to Bushi Tales (Including a special humorous animated short about the origin of Bushi Tales) Come be entertained as we talk about what's happened and what's in store for the Bushi of Hachiman in 2006! We'll be showing completed pages from Issue
#2 for the first time. And some special surprises.
Hosted by Dave Beaty, Lin Workman, Micah Stewart & Joel Gamble (Friday
only!)

Saturday, 11am-12pm
Traditional Inking
Inking is the technique of translating pencil drawings to finished (or camera ready) art. Presentation and discussion of methods and materials for inking and how modern production has changed the medium.
Hosted by Dave Beaty and Lin Workman

Saturday, 5pm-6pm
Manga Creation
Join Dave Beaty, Lin Workman, Antone Wade (Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa) and Adam Shaw (Image Comic's: Bloodstream) for a presentation and discussion of the various methods for manga creation and production.
Hosted by Dave Beaty, Lin Workman, Antone Wade and Adam Shaw

Sunday, 12pm-2pm
Digital Inking
Learn how to use Freehand and Photoshop to create manga artwork. Methods covered will include traditional line art illustration and digital painting.
Hosted by Dave Beaty and Lin Workman

AniZona's guest line-up includes:
Katie Bair (Aesir Corp, Ninja High School) Jodon Bellofatto (Aesir Corp) Lin Workman (Bushi Tales, Stargodz) Antone Wade (Jetta: Tales of the Toshigawa) Adam Shaw (Image Comic's: Bloodstream) Joel Gamble (Bushi Tales: The Soundtrack) and Dave Beaty (Bushi Tales, Stargodz, Captain Value) more to be announced.
Those folks in bold are my buds who'll be there.

madpaperhat

Reaction score
Your puppets have a very impressive look, for how small and simple they are to manipulate. It's also nice to see another puppet fan and builder here in Arizona. Good luck with your puppets and I agree a great price for a quality puppet.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Hello again puppet people!
I trust you are all doing well? I just wanted to give you a head's up that I am beginning my second batch of Quinneys while I have the chance. I'm ending the orders at midnight Pacific time September 3rd. Just thought you might like to know as this will be the last chance for a good while I suspect. Just go to the QuinnZone and check it all out there.
Anyway take care all and enjoy the forum here.
Thanks everyone!
Mike

Anita The Great

Reaction score
I was just talking about these at the SFBAPG meeting today (we were celebrating the dedication of the "Storybook Theater"--they dedicated it to Lewis Mahlman). Someone was asking about good practice puppets and I told 'em how much I loved yours! I hope you get loads of orders!

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
They are excellent puppets, I was very pleased with mine. If you can (and they are very reasonably priced so I don't see why not), then get one.

James

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
You are both too kind! Can I quote you in my publicity???

Mike