Questions for Fran Brill?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'll be talking with Fran Brill in a week or so for the podcast, and I wanted to extend the invitation to everyone to list some questions you'd like me to ask her. So if you think of anything, post it here, and I'll try to fit your question(s) into the interview! Thanks!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, here are some:
  • Jim Henson had performed Little Bird in a few skits from the first season, before Fran Brill did. Was there any reason (known to Fran) why Fran Brill took over, and why didn't the character last very long on the show?
  • Watching the credit crawls on the Sesame Street: Old School sets, I noticed that Fran Brill was credited in the second season, and then was not in the credits for many years, though I'm sure she's currently in the credits. Why is this?
  • What was it like performing on The Cosby Show when the Muppets appeared?
  • How did she like performing in The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence?
  • What was it like performing on The Jim Henson Hour?
  • I'd also like to hear her talk about her experiences in the various Sesame Street anniversary specials.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Coming from someone who pretty much WAS Prairie Dawn as a child (right down to the piano-playing and slight bossiness! :wink: ), I would like to ask Fran:

How does it feel to be a female muppeteer and know that so many little girls have grown up watching Sesame Street, and have been able to identify with your female characters?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have another question, that I've been wondering for a long time, and if you ask her this then I don't care if you don't ask any of the other questions that I've asked.

On The Jim Henson Hour, Fran Brill performed the female drumer for the Solid Foam band. I want to know if she had an official name, and if Fran can remember her name, what the name was.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
These are great questions, minor_muppetz and MrsPepper! Everybody, keep 'em coming! We have time; she won't be on the show for at least a couple weeks.

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh how wonderful you are getting to talk to Fran Brill, Steve! I've been waiting for an audio or video interview with her for some time now. She seems like such a wonderful person and I think she is one of the most underrated Muppet performers today. I have several questions for her, but I'll start with this one because it's been driving me nuts and the question must be answered here at MC once and for all...:

Is Little Bird and male or a female?

I've heard the character be referred to as either on a number of occassions.

Thanks, Steve! I definitely will have more coming. I am especially excited about this interview! She is one of my favorite of the Muppeteers!

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

I'd like to know what it was like working on Dog City and the tv series that followed, The original special is, I think, one of the best projects Henson ever did.

Also, delving into her non-Muppet career a bit, what was it like working with Frank Oz on "What about Bob"? Was that something he asked her to do? Did he mention the project to her and then she auditioned for it? How was it different from working with him on Muppets?

--matleo

MrsPepper

Reaction score
what was it like working with Frank Oz on "What about Bob"? Was that something he asked her to do? Did he mention the project to her and then she auditioned for it? How was it different from working with him on Muppets?
Good question, matleo! I hope it gets answered, I really love that movie. :stick_out_tongue:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Any more questions for Ms. Brill? We're doing the interview on Wednesday night, so get all your last-minute questions in now!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would be interested if she has any memories of The Great Santa Claus Switch. Also, that little song that Praire Dawn always plays during the Sesame Street paegents, does she recall how that came about? Also, did she ever do the voice of Little Bird for a straight-to-video Sesame Street cartoon?

And since we already got a lot of Richard stories from other performers, maybe you could ask her as well? I know they they were chosen to be with the Muppets from the same workshop, which lead to The Great Santa Claus Switch.