Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for infor on the following characters from Jim Henson's Animal Show.
Andrew the Reindeer: Performed by John Ecclestone.
The Anteater, similar to Flaubert from MTI, from 3rd Season.
Eve: Performed by Bill Baretta.
Rhonda the Rat Reporter: Performed by Louise Gold.
Rudy the Road Runner.
Sean Rabbit.
Please provide descripts of these characters, and if possible what they were like. Also, please provide a name for the Anteater listed above if you have it. Post here with your replies, and I'll hope to hear from you guys soon.
Thanks and have a good day.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi guys, I'm looking for infor on the following characters from Jim Henson's Animal Show.
Andrew the Reindeer: Performed by John Ecclestone.
The Anteater, similar to Flaubert from MTI, from 3rd Season.
Eve: Performed by Bill Baretta.
Rhonda the Rat Reporter: Performed by Louise Gold.
Rudy the Road Runner.
Sean Rabbit.
Please provide descripts of these characters, and if possible what they were like. Also, please provide a name for the Anteater listed above if you have it. Post here with your replies, and I'll hope to hear from you guys soon.
Thanks and have a good day.
I think Andrew the Reindeer had some kind of Scandanavian accent and he sang a song called, Reindeer on the Beach.

The Anteater that was a guest was actually an aardvark and her name was Arlene.

Rhonda looked a lot like one of the rats from the Muppet Show, and she had a blonde wig.

Rudy the Road Runner sounded a lot like Pepe.

Sean the Rabbit had an Irish accent.

As for what these characters look like, I'll have to get back to you on that. I have all the episodes taped and I can look through all of them and find out.

Xerus

Reaction score
P.S. Eve was a huge cockroach that wears a chef's hat an apron and I always thought he was voiced by Steve Whitmire.
Also the roach made his first appearance on the Jim Henson Hour where he had a huge chef fight with the Swedish Chef. And he also made an appearance on Muppet Treasure Island.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You have all 65 episodes of JHAS?!? That's vonderful! Xerus, please either post here or contact me via E-mail through the forum so that we can talk about the character list from JHAS. Got a whole slew of characters I got from one of my sources, and would like to clear up a few doubts with you if that's OK. Would also love for you to contact me, cause then I can share the character list I got and get the list of guests/episodes I found on a PAZZ website.
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great day.

Klonoa

Reaction score
It's also cool that you knew about Joe the Armadillo being on Animal Show first as a different character.

There was a wildebeest character in that show that sounded like Joel from MST3K. Of course I know it wasn't Joel, duh, but it was funny how he sounded like him.

--Klonoa

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Klonoa, after reading through the posts here...
1 The wildebeest character's name is Frankie, or "Frankie the Wildebeest".
2 Not sure where you inferred that Joe the Armadillo was already hinted at and recognized as an earlier character from JHAS.
3 Don't worry though, my source already provided a batch of character names/descripts, including Dooly the Armadillo and said what you're hinting at anyway.
4 Joe the Armadillo will be added in due time, once my Danish source contacts me with the KSY character list.

Xerus...
If you could, please contact me ASAP so we can go over the character list I got, along with the character/episode list I found online to finalize the JHAS characters and get everyone added to the Muppet Listings.
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a good day.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
4 Joe the Armadillo will be added in due time, once my Danish source contacts me with the KSY character list.
Well all you need is to ask me for it and you will get it :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't you get my J4 message? Thought I asked you just that. Well, no worries, hope I didn't step on any toes.
Talk to you guys soon.

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
You have all 65 episodes of JHAS?!? That's vonderful! Xerus, please either post here or contact me via E-mail through the forum so that we can talk about the character list from JHAS. Got a whole slew of characters I got from one of my sources, and would like to clear up a few doubts with you if that's OK. Would also love for you to contact me, cause then I can share the character list I got and get the list of guests/episodes I found on a PAZZ website.
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great day.
Hey there, The Count. :smile:

Sure, I can answer your Animal Show questions. If you'll give me some time, I'll just get my tapes and fast foward through them and I can give you the info on all the animal guests and what their names were. What questions do you have for me right now?