Question for Karen Prell

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was this Marilyn Sokol ever on Between the Lions? I think I heard her name before, and I have a feeling that's were it came from. I think it was the Sausage Nose episode, and she played the mysterious old woman!

Ryan

Reaction score
Dr Tooth,

It's likley she used vocals, but probably didn't puppeteer . She admitted several times she wasn't too good at the puppeteering part. Most sketches on SS were vocalized by her, then performed by Jim or, most of the time, Frank.

Ryan

Reaction score
Karen-

Hi I'm Ryan,
You may remember me from the old board. I am a huge fan! I absolutley love Red. Did you perform any main characters on TMS (possibly in a UK skit or something), or did you do just backround stuff? I compling a list of performers and characters on my site, and I don't ever recall you doing any voices. Also, the only SS sketch I remember you were in was the one about two flowers where both wanted to grow faster. Approximatley, how many did you do?

Thanks for your time and years of joy! :smile:

little jerry

Reaction score
wait a muntie!

If jim henson was the hip dude in that country city song! then this must mean also that jim henson was the hip dude in the subway song!!!! wow!!!! i never knew jim could be this cool!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Jim was also the "hip dude" in the "Bus Stop" song (the blue Anything Muppet with the large beard). Then again, Jim was pretty adept at playing hip dudes...after all, he was Dr. Teeth, Cantus, Rowlf, and Kermit (who claimed to be "pretty hip" to Floyd once).

Convincing John

Reaction score
little jerry said:
If jim henson was the hip dude in that country city song! then this must mean also that jim henson was the hip dude in the subway song!!!! wow!!!! i never knew jim could be this cool!

I don't think that was Jim that played the hip dude in "On the Subway". I'm almost postive it was Jerry Nelson, because he sounds kind of like :sing:. But Jim did perform :smile: in the clip! Regardless, Jim is still cool!!!

That subway song is one of my favorite Sesame Street clips of all time! It's right up there with "Telephone Rock"!

"Buy your token now for a ride that's super 'wow' on the subway. SUBWAY!"

Convincing John

Ryan

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
I don't think that was Jim that played the hip dude in "On the Subway". I'm almost postive it was Jerry Nelson, because he sounds kind of like :sing:. But Jim did perform :smile: in the clip! Regardless, Jim is still cool!!!

That subway song is one of my favorite Sesame Street clips of all time! It's right up there with "Telephone Rock"!

"Buy your token now for a ride that's super 'wow' on the subway. SUBWAY!"

Convincing John
Jerry plays the hippie in the Subway song, definitley. I agree, that's one of the best skits they did. It's also kind of odd to see Kermit and Bert in the same skit. I wonder if they ever paried up again in a sketch.