Question about Muppet Christmas Carol

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Count (can't I use your real name? Talks more easily)

- Scrooge 1, 2, 3 and 4 all appear in one scene. Number 1 is the one sought by his friends to come join them in the Christmas holiday, wich happens in the classroom, not outside. After the Scrooge/Past dialogue he walks to the window. While he is walking, he changes in Young Scrooge 2, who changes in number 3, who changes in number 4. That all takes place in a few seconds. Number 2 and 3 can only be seen for a very short time, and they don't talk. Don't break your head to much about these Young Scrooge's. Number 4 is the one who talks to Sam. And if you listen to the dialogues of number 5, you can hear it's the same actor. I think there is not more then a year between Fozziwig's party and the row with Belle. In those days, people married faster.

- It's Mrs. Dilber, not Dylber, i checked it on the internet. I found many Christmas Carol sites, and every site calls her Mrs. Dilber, with an 'i'. She is the only one with a name

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Tommy. At last the five Young Scrooges have been solved and will be promptly added to the listings prototype.

BTW: I'd prefer to be known as the Count here on the forums, after all, that's why we pick the screen names we do when we register onto these forums and become part of this community. But if you like, just call me Eduardo when we talk amongst ourselves. Hope this helps and have a good day.

PS: All that's left for consideration from MCC are the following:
1 Old Joe's accomplices, do you think it would be best to list them as Old Joe's Accomplices #1 and #2? Or would it be better to call them as how you did in a previous post? "The buglike female creature voiced by Steve Whitmire, and the birdlike creature"?
2 The Lamplighters, were there any others in that scene besides Gonzo and Rizzo? You know my reasoning by now as to why I think the narrator duo can't be those characters.
3 Bunsen and Beaker, should they be added to the listing as Collection Agency Collectors? Or would it sound better as Poverty Agency Collectors? Or just Bunsen and Beaker from MCC?
Please reply ASSAP to finish off all my queries from this particular Muppet movie. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Eduardo (you can call me Thijs by the way, I like to talk personal),

here are the results :wink:

1 Accomplices 1 and 2, voiced by Steve Withmire and ... well, somebody should figure that out.

2 Gonzo and Rizzo can sometimes be seen, and sometimes not. Remember when Scrooge goes out at the end of the movie, wishing everybody a merry christmas? He wishes that to Gonzo and Rizzo too. And Gonzo talks to Sam. And the third time (or maybe there are more) Gono and Rizzo can be seen is when they light the lamp. Fozziwig stands in the dooropening and notices the lamplighters (Gonzo and Rizzo). Then Gonzo lights Rizzo's tail, and then they go inside and watch Fozziwig's party.

3 just Bunsen and Beaker. Otherwise you have to give al those muppets a spot of their own. The band, Swedish Chef, Pops, no, don't do that. Just Bunsen and Beaker.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help Thijs. Guess the Lamplighters issue could be called as closed. Since I still have the movie on rent until tomorrow, I'll probably watch it again and call in some member of my family to help with describing that particular moment of the movie. As for Bunsen and Beaker, if they're just themselves even as poverty agency collectors, then they'll just carry the TMS abbreviation designation in my listings. Everybody else's already covered that way, which was what I basically told Kim when she posted some help in this very thread. As for the fellow criminals at the end, I guess Old Joe's Accomplices will have to do for now. Thanks again and have a good day.

Iver Hoob

Reaction score
Steady on Guys!

Hi Luke,

Don Austen was the voice and puppeteer of the oh so sensitive/excitable Iver Hoob throughout the 250 episodes of Jim Henson's The Hoobs.

My wonderful colleagues John Eccleston (the original Groove for 125 episodes) Mark Jefferis (Groove for the bulk of Series 2) and Brian Herring (Groove to the end of series 2) would baulk to learn I'd inadvertently been handed their 'COOL' crown! Tee Hee!

Kind words. Thanxxxxxxxxxxx.

Yours,
Don Austen.