Question about Muppet Christmas Carol

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
So, the bookkeepers are rats huh? Well thanks for clearing that up. Now then, what about the "Lamplighters"? What kind or type of Muppets were they? And should the Penguins be credited as a specific role from MCC? They're already credited on my Muppet Listings as denoted by the abbreviation designation of TMS, but were they used for a specific group of characters in MCC or were they just their usual penguin selves? If you think that they should be credited as a specific role from MCC, tell me which and make the case for them to be counted as such twice. Thanks for your help and have a good day.
Can't help you with the lamplighters, can't remember them and my VCR are broken.

I don't now if you should list them or not. Maybe the best thing would be to not list them. To keep your listing less confussing.
But it is possible for you to list them as iceskating penguins, they held some sort of iceskating festival from what I can remember.

I'am counting on to get my VCR fixed durring this week so I'll take a look at my tape when it's possible to se if I can help you with the lamplighters.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, then I'll await your help in the coming week with those specific characters. The most probable course of action is that I might list the penguins as the Ice-Skating Penguins from MCC, cause that's the specific scene in the movie that they were used for and that's the PVC figurine that we're gonna get from Palisades later this year. Also, since I still have the movie on rent until Tuesday, I'll probably go to that particular scene and ask my brothers to help me out with the lamplighters.
Thanks again for all your help and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, then I'll await your help in the coming week with those specific characters. The most probable course of action is that I might list the penguins as the Ice-Skating Penguins from MCC, cause that's the specific scene in the movie that they were used for and that's the PVC figurine that we're gonna get from Palisades later this year. Also, since I still have the movie on rent until Tuesday, I'll probably go to that particular scene and ask my brothers to help me out with the lamplighters.
Thanks again for all your help and have a good day.
Rizzo and Gonzo are the lamplighters. Remember "light the lamp, not the rat!" Maybe there are other lamplighters, but they cannot be seen as far as i remember.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
An update will be posted regarding the "Lamplighters" issue once my family's helped me out. Yes, Tommy I remember that scene/dialogue between Rizzo and Gonzo. But the thing is that Fozziwig from inside his warehouse says that he sees the lamplighters plying their trade. And I thought that the concept as to Gonzo as the narrator and Rizzo as his assistant were unseen by anybody even Scrooge himself except for when Gonzo yells: "Expect the First Ghost at 1!!!" Other than that, the duo of the narrators remain unseen and unheard by anyone except for the audience. So the lamplighters have to be some ther characters beside Gonzo and Rizzo cause Fozziwig (as previously stated) says that he sees them plying their trade. Hope this helps, have a good night, and I'll post once this has been settled.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok If u will give me some Question i can help u out I have it on DVD. For one Gonzo played Charles Dickens and Rizzo played himself. But just give me a bunch of Question and i'll try my best to answer them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the questions are posted above, but I'll give you the ones that still pose a quandry for my listings.
1 As for Boy #1 and Boy #2 as included in the posts above, which was Henry and which was Edbert (Scrooge's friends when he was a young boy at the schoolhouse.) And I only posted in the previous groupings Henry as Boy #1 and Edbert as Boy #2 cause that's the order in which they were named. But any help you can give me on properly identifying who's who will be greatly appreciated.
2 What Muppets performed the roles of the "Lamplighters"? Don't think it can be Gonzo and Rizzo themselves cause they weren't seen nor heard by anyone except when Gonzo yells to Scrooge: "Expect the First Ghost at 1!!!" And Fozziwig says that he can see the lamplighters plying their trade.
3 How many "Young Scrooges" were in the movie? In which specific scene did each of them appear? And which actor portrayed the "Young Scrooge" that appeared in that specific scene. After watching the movie, I came up with four different Young Scrooges; but www.imdb.com's listings have a total of five.
4 Though Bunsen and Beaker performed the roles of the charity collectors, did their characters have specific names? And if so, what were those names? Or were they just themselves in vintage period costumes?
Again, any and all help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good night.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Count, at the end of each of your listings it says "TMS movie" what does that mean?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that particular designation abbreviation isn't at the end of each entry in my Muppet Listings but it's the general way in which I denote the Henson production from which that character came from. TMS means The Muppet Show, and the six theatrically released Muppet movies star the Muppets from the Muppet Show. So, TMM (The Muppet Movie), TGMC (The Great Muppet Caper), TMTM (The Muppets Take Manhattan), MCC (Muppet Christmas Caroll), MTI (Muppet Treasure Island), and MFS (Muppets From Space) all carry a "TMS Movie" header before the abbreviation designation of the particular movie from which that character came from. For example: Yolanda Rat (TMS Movie, from TMTM) or Long John Silver (TMS Movie, from MTI, Tim Curry) or Ebenezer Scrooge (TMS Movie, from MCC, Michael Caine).
Hope this helps and have a good day.

PS: If anyone can, please try to answer the questions posted above to the best of your collective knowledge. Thanks and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Count (or may I use your real name),

I watched some parts of MCC today and I figured some things for you out:

- Beaker and Bunsen have their real names in the movie. Beaker is just called Beaker, and in the credits Bunsen is called Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

- In the credits there are 5 young Ebenezers, but you figured that out already. The names you posted in this thread are the names from the credits. First you see one young Scrooge sitting and writing. He is the one who says '... stupid old christmas!'. Then a dialogue between Scrooge and the Ghost of the Past. Then you see a young Scrooge walking to the window, still the first one. Then the first changes into the second. Then the second changes in the third. Then the third in the fourth, the one who talks with Sam. The fifth Young Scrooge is the one at Fozziwig's party, and with Belle in the park.

- Then the Old Joe mistery. The weird thing about Old Joe is, he is performed by David Rudman, but voiced by David Shaw Parker, who has no other credits in the movie. Old Joe has three servants who steal things for him. A bird-like creature, a female bug-like creature, performed by Steve Withmire, and a female puppet called Mrs. Dilber, who is problably voiced by Louise Gold.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Tommy. If you're still out there, here something I'd like to clear up. You seem to have recognized the five Young Scrooges that appear in the movie. If you could, please help me out by saying the specific scenes where they each appear. It'd be nice to know when exactly one changes to the next as you said.

#5 is the one at Fozziwig's party who then loses Belle to his own budding avarice. Are you sure about that? Thought those were two different moments in his life.
#1 is the young boy who's all alone at the beginning of Scrooge's trip through the past. Are you sure of that?
#4 is the one talking to Sam as the headmaster at Graduation Day. Are you sure of that?
In what scene and during what segment of dialogue does #2 appear? Is #2 the one sought by his friends to come join them in the Christmas holiday outside the schoolhouse?
In what scene and what dialogue did #3 appear?

Also, was Mrs. Dylber the only one of Old Joe's accomplices who had a specific name? Or did the other two cronies have names of their own? And if so, what were these characters' names?
Thanks for your help and have a good day.

BTW: Check out the small measure of help I provided in your "SS Encyclopedia: A" thread.