Question about Muppet Christmas Carol

Luke

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
The Ghost of Christmas Present: Jerry Nelson(Voice & Face), Donald Austen(Body)
Don Austen being the original puppeteer for "Groove" from "The Hoobs" as well i might add. Very cool guy.

So Count, are your listings going to include characters from Moppatops Shop, Hoobs, Animal Jam, Bamabaloo etc etc ? They are all Muppets - doing Moppatops is going to be hard though because there were so many Muppet cameo from the past that were actually used on screen as totally different characters even though they looked the same.

I can do Hoobs for you quite easily, there are only 8 characters that have ever appeared.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
Don Austen being the original puppeteer for "Groove" from "The Hoobs" as well i might add. Very cool guy.

So Count, are your listings going to include characters from Moppatops Shop, Hoobs, Animal Jam, Bamabaloo etc etc ? They are all Muppets - doing Moppatops is going to be hard though because there were so many Muppet cameo from the past that were actually used on screen as totally different characters even though they looked the same.

I can do Hoobs for you quite easily, there are only 8 characters that have ever appeared.
Groove, Tula, and um, um, um, whats her name I did know, then there is the explorer one and the one out in space, plus the thingamebobs that play the music, I did know what they were called too till I decided to post this. Arg.

Luke

Reaction score
Main Hoobs :- Groove, Tula, Iver
Hoob Back On HoobLand :- Hubba Hubba
Explorer/Reporter Hoob On Earth :- Roma
Motorettes :- Twang, Tootle, Timp

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Luke, if you could, please send in descriptions of the characters from this Muppet-related production you speak of to help me know who's who and/or what's what. Also, convince me that this Muppet-related production should be included and I'll consider/decide its fate a little later. For now, I'd like to get as much information as possible and then see what we have to go by. I'll post what I got for MCC in this thread in a moment. Stay Tuned!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are all the characters I got after watching the movie Muppet Christmas Caroll. Please let me know if these are correct and if there are any ones I left out or forgot about. Also, if you could, please answer the additional questions included in this post.

Belinda Crachit (Tms Movie, from MCC)
Belle (TMS Movie, from MCC, Meredith Braun)
Betina Crachit (TMS Movie, from MCC)
Bob Crachit (TMS Movie, Kermit The Frog from MCC)
Boy #1 (TMS Movie, from MCC, Henry, Anthony Hamblin)
Boy #2 (TMS Movie, from MCC, Edbert, Fergus Brazier)
Charles Dickens (TMS Movie, Gonzo The Great from MCC)
Clara (TMS Movie, from MCC, Robin Weaver)
Ebenezer Scrooge (TMS Movie, from MCC, Michael Caine)
Ebenezer Scrooge's Bookkeeper Staff
Ebenezer Scrooge's School Headmaster (Sam the Eagle from MCC)
Emily Crachit (TMS Movie, Miss Piggy from MCC)
Fozziwig (TMS Movie, Fozzie Bear from MCC)
Fozziwig's Ma (TMS Movie, Mrs. Emily Bear from MCC)
Fred (TMS Movie, from MCC Steven Mackintosh)
The Ghost of Christmas Past (TMS Movie, from MCC)
The Ghost of Christmas Present (TMS Movie, from MCC)
The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come (TMS Movie, from MCC)
Jacob Marley (TMS Movie, Statler from MCC)
Louise the Chicken (MCC)
Mr. Applegate (TMS Movie, from MCC)
Mrs. Dilber (TMS Movie, from MCC)
Old Joe (TMS Movie, from MCC)
Peter Crachit (TMS Movie, from MCC)
Robert Marley (TMS Movie, Waldorf from MCC)
Tiny Tim (TMS Movie, Robin the Frog from MCC)
The Vegetable Peddler (TMS Movie, from MCC)

Additional Questions
1 Who's Old Joe? Please help me out by saying in what scenes this character appeared, and if you can, please describe what he looks like.
2 As for Boy #1 and Boy #2, were these indeed the boys Henry and Edbert who were friends of Ebenezer Scrooge when he attended school as a young boy?
3 Should the "Lamplighters" be counted as a credited character or group of characters from MCC? And should their group name be writen as "Lamplighters" or "Lamp Lighters"?
4 Other than that, please tell me if there are any more characters I've missed from MCC.
Please post your replies ASAP so as to help my ever-growing master Muppet Listings. Thanks for your help and have a good night.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
The Count said:
1 Who's Old Joe? Please help me out by saying in what scenes this character appeared, and if you can, please describe what he looks like.
2 As for Boy #1 and Boy #2, were these indeed the boys Henry and Edbert who were friends of Ebenezer Scrooge when he attended school as a young boy?
3 Should the "Lamplighters" be counted as a credited character or group of characters from MCC? And should their group name be writen as "Lamplighters" or "Lamp Lighters"?
4 Other than that, please tell me if there are any more characters I've missed from MCC.
Please post your replies ASAP so as to help my ever-growing master Muppet Listings. Thanks for your help and have a good night.
1. Old Joe is the "dealer" that the thieves who stole Scrooge's belongings bring their loot too. He was portrayed as a large Muppet spider in the movie; I think Jerry Nelson probably did his voice.

2. I'd say the answer to this is most likely yes.

3. My vote would be credited as a group, especially since I don't remember seeing any actual lamplighters in the scene outside Fozziwig's; only Gonzo and Rizzo dressed as lamplighters and lighting one lamp (and Rizzo's tail in the process). And I personally spell it "Lamplighters."

4. Well, there are about four or five penguins at the Penguins' Skating Party during the "One More Sleep 'Til Christmas" number if you want to count them. The talking/singing vegetables (Marvin Suggs' All-Food Glee Club) are in the opening number ("Scrooge"). Pops is in the crowd scene at the end of that song as just an extra. You're also missing Bean Bunny, who caroled in front of Scrooge's office and then went and got the turkey for him near the end, and Bunsen and Beaker who were the two charity collecters. The guests at Fred's party were Muppets; two of them were the generic pig Muppets, one might have been Miss Mousey (but don't quote me on that) and the fourth was some sort of monster but I have no idea what his name is.

I can't think of anyone else, but I'm sure some other people will.

-Kim

Beauregard

Reaction score
Um, I am trying to work something out here. What is this TMS movie of which you speak? Everything seems to have been in it, please help.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, gotta respond to a few things here.
1 Beauregard, what's the help you require? With what Muppet movie? I'm sure that some of the members, myself probably included, would help you out if you gave us some particulars as to what kind of help you need.
2 Kim, here's the deal with the extra characters you mentioned.
a. Pops is already credited on my list as originally designated from TMS.
b. Bean Bunny is already credited on my listing as designated from (TMS, MT)
c. Marvin Suggs is already credited on my listing as designated by the abbreviation TMS.
d. The Singing Food are already credit on my listing as designated by the abbreviation TMS.
e. The Penguins who appeared in MCC are already credited as "Ebenezer Scrooge's Bookkeeper Staff."
f. Any generic Muppets may have been already credited on my listing with the abbreviation designation correspondant to their Henson production of origin, and unless it's a specific character with a specific name, the chances are that those movie-specific generic characters won't get included.
g. There were at least two "Lamplighters" outside of Fozziwig's Rubber Chicken Factory when Gonzo and Rizzo are narrating the story. Or did Gonzo and Rizzo light the lamps themselves? Don't think that would be the case, since Fozziwig saw the Lamplighters at work from inside his factory's premises. And the thing is that I thought Gonzo and Rizzo as narrators were practically invisible to everybody else in the movie, even to Scrooge himself except when Gonzo yells to "Expect the First Ghost at 1!!!"
Hope this helps explain my reasoning and thanks for your help as always, and have a good day.

BTW: Kim, love your sig line. It reminds of a great show called Roundhouse that used to be on Nickelodeon when that used to be a decent cable channel. Now it's just as Oscar would say: Bleecch!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
e. The Penguins who appeared in MCC are already credited as "Ebenezer Scrooge's Bookkeeper Staff."
The bookkeepers are rats

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, the bookkeepers are rats huh? Well thanks for clearing that up. Now then, what about the "Lamplighters"? What kind or type of Muppets were they? And should the Penguins be credited as a specific role from MCC? They're already credited on my Muppet Listings as denoted by the abbreviation designation of TMS, but were they used for a specific group of characters in MCC or were they just their usual penguin selves? If you think that they should be credited as a specific role from MCC, tell me which and make the case for them to be counted as such twice. Thanks for your help and have a good day.