Question About Copying Tapes

dmx10101

Reaction score
^^ You have about the same opinions as me. Right on brotha!

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
I think you were all missing the humour in my post. Unfortunately, there's no smiley for "sarcasm" so from now on I'll just type this

:sarc:

i believe there is a smiley for 'Sarcastic'

this be the one... :rolleyes:

it says roll eyes (sarcastic)

...thank you and goodnight... :zany:

jediX

Reaction score
Not that I believe in pirating music or anything seeing as I make it myself (not for a living, nor would I EVER do it for that), but you're right, Smy. They just don't make albums these days -- they make a single with 25 extra minutes of filler. There are less than twenty albums (of about 150) I own that I consider "true albums".

But, oh well. That's the very reason I make my own music.

P

Philo and Gunge

What if you used a video camera to tape the video from a video store or libary of the TV (like when someone's watching something on TV in a movie). Is that illeagal?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
My dad taped TONS of videos for us when I was a kid. I still do it (rarely, but it does happen) myself, but mostly from old tapes, like 80s cartoons.

jediX

Reaction score
I'd assume it would, not like the quality of a camera-recorded tv capture would be worth watching anyway (I've tried doing this when I attempted to copy an old VHS home movie to my computer before I learned how to setup a vcr-in). The audio picks up whatever noise is present, plus you get the tracking line off the TV in the recording.

P

Philo and Gunge

jediX said:
I'd assume it would.
My friend said it wasn't illeagal (not the one who makes stupid games about flying lamps). I've tried it with my BVHV copy of MFC to make an uncut version and he color and sound was on a 1 to 10 scale a 3.

jediX

Reaction score
Well, even if it wasn't illegal, the quality would be so bad it wouldn't be worth doing.

dmx10101

Reaction score
jediX said:
plus you get the tracking line off the TV in the recording.
Get a Plasma, LCD, HDTV then you wouldn't have to worry about the lines or as much

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Being as pirate videos are basically meant to save money, I hardly think that is the way! An HD Plasma monitor starts around $9000 (Canadian...a little lower in the states...don't be fooled by "SDTV or EDTV"...they're not the same) and an HD camera is a pretty penny as well.

Ah, well...I suppose you'd get good copies, though! But of course, if you can afford that, I suggest maybe, um, buying the movie!

eric
:attitude: