Question about Candlewick Press' logo

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lok, Teen, what is your problem? They ARN'T disney so they WON'T use Disney charcters as their logo. Get over it.

salemfan

Reaction score
I have no problem. This was just to see what other people would have thought.

salemfan

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I also think, Walker Books has a strange logo. I mean, Walker? What has that got to do with a bear in a nightcap with a candle?
I ask the same question. Before Candlewick Press even started in the United States and there was only Walker Books, why did they pick a bear carrying a candle as their logo? What does that have to do with Walker? I just wonder.

salemfan

Reaction score
I suspect the company has been around longer than the movie, and it wouldn't make sense for them to use him as their logo unless they were affiliated with Disney.
Erin
Scotwood Industries uses the Warner Bros. Road Runner as the mascot and logo of their Road Runner Ice Melt (apparently Warner Bros. has granted the necessary permissions), and Scotwood Industries is not affiliated with Warner Brothers. The reason for the Warner Bros. Road Runner logo is because it matches the brand name. So why wouldn't it make sense for Candlewick Press to use Lumiere as their logo unless they were affiliated with Disney?