Puppets Up! II in Almonte, Ont. Canada

faze

Reaction score
where is Almonte Ontario? i am from Milton ontario

faze

Reaction score
i might be thinkin of going there, just a festival or workshops also?

Blink

Reaction score
faze said:
i might be thinkin of going there, just a festival or workshops also?
Hey Faze,

I highly recommend going. I did a write up about last year's event. You can read about Day #1 and Day #2 on my blog. Just to note. At the end of my Day #1 entry I talk about a couple of young performers. Well the young lady is currently one of the top finalists in Canadian Idol (for those in Canada who actually watch it).

Sensational opportunity. I think they are even affering some amazing workshops. I will be there again if I can make the time (I have lots of puppetry plans this summer).

faze

Reaction score
ah yes, i remember seeing those pics, the festival looks very interesting and has alot different puppeteers attening

how would i get there? does bus or train go to almonte?

Marky

Reaction score
Hey Blink! You gonna be a balcony puppeteer this year? Will & I are co-ordinating them. Many random shark attacks are promised...

... I'm not sure about buses or trains, faze. That's a good question....

Blink

Reaction score
Marky said:
Hey Blink! You gonna be a balcony puppeteer this year? Will & I are co-ordinating them. Many random shark attacks are promised...

... I'm not sure about buses or trains, faze. That's a good question....
Hey Marky!

Things are so up in the air right now I can't commit to anything. I am donating some of my puppets for window displays. If I do make it to the festival this year I would love to terrorize the visitors with puppets.:crazy:

Like I said I have a bunch of stuff going on and things are hectic, so I don't know for sure.

faze said:
ah yes, i remember seeing those pics, the festival looks very interesting and has alot different puppeteers attening

how would i get there? does bus or train go to almonte?
Hey faze,

I don't think there are any buses going to Almonte (but you could do a search since I am not sure). Definately no trains (for people). Your best bet would be to find someone with a car and drive. I've done it many times. It is a long drive though ( 5 -6 hours).

Another option is to take the train to Ottawa and rent a car to drive in to Almonte.

Either way it will take some planning and thought.