Puppet Up Television Special November 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I cant wait, this sounds hysterical! Im setting up a tape right now!

Stulz

Reaction score
Disney

beaker said:
I think its hillarious and pretty sad the Jim Henson Company not only sold out that which MADE them the Jim Henson Company, but all the sudden pretends the Muppets were never apart of them...going so far as to nix Kermit from Emmet Otter and other rereleases.
That's not really accurate. I'm usually with you 99.9% of the time, but here's where that .5% comes in:
:wink:

The Henson's wanted to put out a really great DVD of Emmet Otter WITH Kermit included but Disney just wouldn't let them for any anmount of legal manovering or $$$.

If you were to go to the Henson lot today, while the Kermit Head has been removed from the Henson Company logo, The Kermit as Chaplin statue still stands outside, the giant Kermit that also a part of DCA's Muppet-Vision sign is still there (although the wording underneath has changed from "Home of The Muppets" to "The Orginal Home of The Muppets), even teh restrooms still have Kermit and Piggy silohuettes outside to designate Ladie's and Men's.

So the Muppets still have a presense at the Henson company just sadly not much future presense.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
beaker said:
So if they pull out a Frackle puppet, its not *actually* a Frackle. Ok.

Yeah, I'm sorry...I just do not consider the Muppets seperate from Fraggle Rock, non creature shop JHC or Sesame Street. I think very few if any Jim Henson/Muppet fans recognize the "Muppets" as only being Disney.

In fact I just went to Sesame Worshop.org, they seem to still call the Sesame characters Muppets. JHC is relaunching the Fraggle Franchise, and what they are no longer muppets?

I think its hillarious and pretty sad the Jim Henson Company not only sold out that which MADE them the Jim Henson Company, but all the sudden pretends the Muppets were never apart of them...going so far as to nix Kermit from Emmet Otter and other rereleases.

I consider PuppetUp Improv to be Muppets, and if they werent wed be discussing this under puppetry/Henson people.

I thought Seame Workshop made some sorta deal to STILL call them "Muppets", under License from Disney?! since Disney owns the word "Muppets (or Muppet)"... well thats how I tought it went.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Show Support for More "Puppet Up!"

I've been getting a lot of e-mails from people asking about the upcoming "Puppet Up!" TV special, set to air on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm (Eastern/Pacific) on TBS. The big question being "will the special be repeated or released?" I asked TBS and I've asked Henson and I have some answers.

TBS has currently only set the special for on single airing (Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm) and there are no re-airings scheduled at this time. They said they were "unable to comment' on the scheduling tactics, however at this time there are no plans to repeat the special after the one, and only, airing on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm.

I contacted Henson to see what their take on the whole situation was. Nichole Goldman, Head Of Publicity for the Jim Henson Company (and "Puppet Up!"). She said that "I too would love to know for sure when/if the special will re-air on TBS. At this time, there are no confirmed re-airing dates or times yet, but I will be sure to let you and all the fans know asap if anything gets confirmed."

This is a crucial moment for Henson fans and supporters. TBS is still assessing their program scheduling and release plan for "Puppet Up!". They are looking to see what the viewer reaction and interest is. And now is the time for us to have our voices heard. They need to hear from you – the people who are interested in Jim Henson programming, the people who love the puppetry and improv and want to see this one-of-a-kind special succeed. We need to show them that the audience is here.

Tell the TBS that you want to see "The Jim Henson Company's Puppet Up!" repeated, re-aired and even released to home-video. Remember that the more air-time this special gets, the bigger a fan base the show can create, the more people it can entertain, the better chances of more Henson projects coming to TV, and (of course) the more times you'll be able to tune in and watch it! So take a few minutes and shoot TBS an e-mail (tbsinfo@turner.com) saying you want to see more of "The Jim Henson Company's Puppet Up!" on the schedule, and then be sure to tune to TBS on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm – and tell all your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members to do the same.

Be sure to watch (Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm on TBS) and let your voice be heard!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I email them and hope to hear a respond soon. I told them that I would love to see the special re-aired sometime. So well wait and see what they write back with.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Oh man I can't wait to wacth this,:excited: .

I'm totally setting the VCR to record this, :smile: .

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
5 Days..and Counting!

The troupe performed two live shows of "Puppet Up!" tonight at The Comedy Festival in Vegas (both of which were filmed for the special).

That leaves only 5 more days until the special airs.

Remember that the one-hour "Puppet Up!" TV special will air on Monday, November 20, 2006 @ 11pm on TBS.

This is planned to be a one-time-only airing, so don't miss it.

-Click here for more information-

Jamesman

Reaction score
So this taped tonight, right? I was just wondering if anyone went, or would be able to get reports from the tapings.

Just curious how the initial reaction to this was, so we know what to expect on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.