Puppet Up Television Special November 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com
The Muppet Newsflash said:
A one-hour television special of "The Jim Henson Company's Puppet Up! – Uncensored" is being taped at The Comedy Festival in Las Vegas later this month. The special is set to air on TBS on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11:00pm (ET/PT). The special, in which puppeteers construct improvised scenes from the audience's suggestions, will be taped on Wednesday, November 15 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas .

"Puppet Up!" is a demonstration of what happens when the perilous and provocative forms of traditional comedy improv are mixed with a bunch of irreverent puppets. With a motley group of characters brought to life world-renowned puppeteers, "Puppet Up!" is truly innovative comedy. Performing the puppetry for the show are some of The Jim Henson Company's top puppeteers, as well as some of the country's top comedy improvisers.

The cast includes Brian Henson, Julianne Buescher, Tyler Bunch, Ted Michaels, Drew Massey, Paul Rugg, Allan Trautman and Victor Yerrid. The show is executive-produced by Brian Henson and Lisa Henson. The special is being produced by Martin Baker and co-produced by Eric Poticha. Patrick Bristow serves as the stage shows director and host.

The "Puppet Up!" television special marks the second TBS project from The Jim Henson Company. Earlier this year, The Jim Henson Company filmed a pilot for "The Late Night Buffet with Augie and Del", a show set to air later next year.

For more information on "Puppet Up!" and the upcoming television special visit PuppetUp.com, TBS.com, Henson.com. So be sure to mark your calendars, set your VCRs, program your TiVo and don't miss this one-of-a-kind television event.
Whoopie! :excited:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh that's AWESOME!! I will definitely be TiVo-ing it! Thanks for the info Gelfing! :smile: :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Looks like they are using ACTUAL Muppet characters too, woot!

Check it out, these are ALL Muppet characters
(the weasel from Statler and Waldorf In The Balcony, the koala from
Animal Jam, and Joe The Armidillo...one of my personal faves)
http://www.puppetup.com/photoaspen.html

Woot!

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
They're not actual Muppet characters. Can't see Disney allowing that. And even when they are recycling old Henson puppets (e.g. Raisin) they are performed as completley different characters, only the physical appearance is the same.

Land Strider

Reaction score
Woohoo! We saw brief clips of this at ComicCon and it was HILARIOUS! So glad that we'll be able to see the performance in it's entirety.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Puppets not characters. There's a big (and probably legal) difference.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Is anyone able to record "Puppet Up" onto a DVD and send me a copy, please?

I would very much like to be able discuss it at the same time as everyone else and not have to wait for ages for it to be shown in the UK (if ever)!

I have lots of stuff to trade - simply click the hyperlink below for what I have to offer

I would appreciate it so much!

Cheers :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.