PUPPET PROPOSAL (and I mean marriage!)

lowercasegods

Reaction score
This past October 29th, two days prior to me and my girlfriend Laura's third anniversary as a couple, I proposed to her. It was a wonderful experience, made all the more wonderful by puppetry!

Working off my own designs, Michele at puppet-planet.com built two puppets of Laura and myself, reflecting my drawings perfectly. I used the puppets in a short film that I made as part of the proposal, which I showed to Laura the night we celebrated our anniversary.

In the film, I'm sitting there wishing I could sing for Laura for an anniversary present. Suddenly this little blue monster dressed as a wizard pops up (a non descript puppet from my childhood), says he's my furry godfather Naybob the Adequate and aggrees to grant my wish. As he does though, I get turned into the puppet version of me!

The puppet me then proceeds to lip sync to one of Laura's favorite songs (a very sweet one from the musical Pippin). Afterwards, Naybob says I still have two more wishes. For the first, I wish that Laura could be there with me. Suddenly, a small puppet hand touches my shoulder (which is all we see of the Laura puppet in the film). Then Naybob asks, "What's it gonna be for that last wish, Jay...?"

That's when I got down on my knee and asked, "Will you make my last and greatest wish come true and marry me?"

To my happiness she said yes, and I presented her with the puppets, which she also loved. It was the perfect proposal for both of us, and I wanted to share it with all my fellow Muppet fans out there.

If you're interested, here's some pictures of my designs for the puppets and pictures of Laura and I with the finished puppets themselves.

http://www.jayfosgitt.com/PhotoGallery/jayLauraPuppets.html

A serious tip of the hat to Michele from puppet-planet.com for her hard and wonderful work. I encourage you guys to check out her website (which I've drawn all the artwork for, I might add!) and request her services for any of your puppetry needs!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ho-lee crap, Jay! That's so **** sweet that my eyes just fell out of my head and boarded a plane to come find you and get your autograph. That is so freakin' cool, man! Congratulations!!! Marriage is the greatest thing on the planet, I'm so happy for you two! Now be prepared to answer the most common question from this day until you're actually married: "Do you have a date set?" That question alone drove me and my wife NUTS! Mainly because we didn't have a date for almost two years.

At any rate; you and your gal look so great and happy together and I wish you the best!!!! Oh; I'm so happy for you two! That's awesome, man... really truly awesome! :smile: :sing: :excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awwwwww....that's so sweet! Congrats to you! I'm in the midst of planning a wedding myself, so I wish you all the luck in the world! Enjoy this time, it's wonderful!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Dave: I'm telling ya, finding a girl who digs the Muppets as much as me was a real trick, but man did it ever happen! We need to save some cash before we can actually afford to wed, but we figure in the next two to three years it'll actually happen. We even have the reception planned out to include extensive pupptry elements!

Redboobergurl: Thank you as well, and best of luck pulling off your own wedding! Let us all know how it goes!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You met Colin Mochrie?! That's awesome! Oh wait, I'm getting off-subject here...those are some cool puppets there!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Thank you, and yes, I did meet Colin. He performed at my old college a few years ago. He's a lot softerer spoken than you'd expect, but very friendly and personable.

zns

Reaction score
All I can say is that you two make a very beauitiful couple. Seeing as how you two have a lot in common is just wonderful. That is exactly the kind of marrage I want, someone who likes most of the things that I like and likes me for who I am. God bless you both.:halo:

P.S.
I love those photos of you in the Muppet exhibit. Where was that at?:confused:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Thanks, Zns!

The Muppet Exhibit was at the Flint Sloan Museum in Flint, Michigan (about an hour from where I live). It was a traveling exhibit and extremely cool. One of the exhibits they had there allowed people to perform alien puppets on a cratered landscape using TV monitors, and I believe Ravage Frackle (one of the ex-Muppet builders who frequently posts here) built those puppets.

zns

Reaction score
I am so enviousof you man. But I'm glad you got to see it though. This may be way to early to say this but maybe you could post some photos of the wedding when you get the time.