Puppet-in-Progress: From the foam up

Slackbot

Reaction score
Nope, this isn't Gobo. Although I can see the family resemblance. Hey...I bet I could reuse this pattern for Uncle Traveling Matt. He's a conehead too.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Progress is happening...

The puppet itself wasn't that difficult. The costume, however, is proving to be a beast. I thought it'd be simple altering a pair of toddler shorts for him. Hah! He ain't shaped quite the same. The shirt he has on is a tester, sewn out of some scrap I had on hand; he'll get his yellow tee soon. I'll buy him some red sneakers as soon as I figure out what size he wears. (But don't he got cute tootsies?) As for the jacket... *whimper*

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Scooter! He looks good so far, and hopefully it won't be too hard to figure out how to handle the jacket and the rest of his outfit.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks! I've had so many false starts with this guy. I made 8 or 9 foam skulls before I got the shape right. His first pair of glasses used two halves of a ping-pong ball as lenses. I had to make another pair using a smaller "dome" for the eyeballs, as I didn't want him to look like he had glaucoma. And next time I'll create a pattern for the pants from scratch rather than try to alter toddler pants!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
He looks soooooo good, Slackbot :flirt: Love him! I truly can't wait to see that finished jacket, though--with all the perseverance you had to get through all of your other projects' respective signature outfits, I have complete faith that it'll be perfect :big_grin:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Perfect? Get outta here! I've learned not to expect perfection from myself 'cause I won't get it. But I can do pretty darn good, which is what I'm shooting for here. If I can make a puppet that looks just like Scooter to all but the really intense Muppet nerds I'll be happy.

At least I wanna do better than Flat-face Scooter.

"Uh, Scooter, my eyes are down here."

Slackbot

Reaction score
Scooter is coming along. Rather, his wardrobe is. Lookit that jacket! Is that utterly snazzed-up or what? Even if it's pinned together because I haven't put the fastens on yet.

Still to do: shoes, socks, and a belt of course. Gonna resize his tongue and throat because I made them too small, as you can see in the head-on-a-stick photo. His pupils seem a bit big, so he doesn't look as alert as he should. I may redo his pants from scratch, but that'll come after I get everything else squared away.