Project: Pinpointing Sesame Street's Location

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And... by the way... is this thread trying to find the studio where they shoot it, or the fictional location on the show? :confused:
The fictional location on the show, I thought I had explained that, lol.

I KNOW that the show is shot on a sound stage in Astoria at the Kaufman Studios.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Interesting project. I tried asking around but everytime I did, the person I asked always broke out into song. Maybe it was how I phrased it: "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?"

:stick_out_tongue:

:frown:

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, the studio is in Astoria/Queens. I always imagined the fictional location might be similar. Then again...is the park on the show meant to be Central Park? Something to thing about?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, Bryan's back! :excited:

As for the park on the show, I don't know about Central Park... I've kind of always assumed it was meant to be sort of a little community park, but who knows for sure?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The fictional location on the show, I thought I had explained that, lol.

I KNOW that the show is shot on a sound stage in Astoria at the Kaufman Studios.
Right. Haha. I figured... I just had to make sure.

*I* think that it's... in New York City! :search:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh, BRILLIANT, Prawnie... *Sarcastic clapping*
*sniffs* *waves dramatically* You like me, you really like me! I'd like to thank the Academy, my mother, Skip the Walrus, and, of course, Tim Allen. Without all of you... I wouldn't be typing your names!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*sniffs* *waves dramatically* You like me, you really like me! I'd like to thank the Academy, my mother, Skip the Walrus, and, of course, Tim Allen. Without all of you... I wouldn't be typing your names!
... And that's all we can afford to show at this ceremony, is their names!