Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's official! The restored version of the Muppets first feature film, "The Muppet Movie" is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday August 13, 2013. Find out all the official details here on this anticipated Blu-ray release.

Since most of us will be getting the restored version of "The Muppet Movie" we'd like to mention that if you pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on DVD from Amazon using these links, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the movie with a low-price guarantee - if the price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll automatically receive the lowest price. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you plan on buying "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or DVD, please like this post.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
DVDDizzy reports that the Blu-ray (which included a digital copy, but no regular DVD) will be released on August 13. Cover Art:

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Huh. The cover looks like a weird combo of the original film poster and this horrendous French DVD cover. Still, I am glad so many Muppets made it on the cover (though I'm perplexed as to why Statler and Waldorf are there).

I'm a little worried about the seemingly soon release date and the lack of a DVD re-issue. For some reason, it makes me suspect that there may be "No New Bonus Features" (Oh Nose!!! :concern:)

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

I know these are old stock photos but they've made it work, i wasn't expecting this much effort to be put into it. I love it althought take out :boo: :sleep: :hungry: and replace them with :sing::cool:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm a little worried about the seemingly soon release date and the lack of a DVD re-issue. For some reason, it makes me suspect that there may be "No New Bonus Features" (Oh Nose!!! :concern:)
We've known about this blu-ray release since last year, we only now know about the official release date. They've surely been planning for awhile.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I wouldn't want that on the Blu-ray. There's nothing special about it. It's just a shortened version of the movie.
As I mentioned, it includes alternate audio tracks and a deleted scene. Is it entirely "special", no. Is there something special about it, I'd say yes. Does that mean it deserves to be on the Blu-ray? Not necessarily.

Interesting. So I'm guessing this Super 8 edition was a then-current equivalent of a home video release?
Exactly! :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
No! I refuse to see those stock photo puppets to be over useed on every new piece of merchandise!They have plenty of great brand new ones which they refusse to use.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
DVDDizzy reports that the Blu-ray (which included a digital copy, but no regular DVD) will be released on August 13. Cover Art:

Ugh. Why does all recent Muppet stuff always have to look so Photoshop-y and cheap? This is better than a lot of it, but Kermit looks really screwy with those hands stuck on there. Oh well. At least the film inside is well worth watching!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Why can't they either use new photo stocks or just take a photo cover with puppet posers ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.