Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it maybe cheaply Photoshopped, but is this the first time we have ever had Janice and Dr.Theth on a Muppet Dvd,or VHS cover?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I'm half cringing/half excited looking at this cover art. It is a great concept, I love the variety of characters (even in spite of inclusion to those not featured heavily in the plot) and the classic Studebaker front and center, but I must say it is too photoshopped (probably something everyone will be saying). One who doesn't even know what Photoshop will probably think something's a little off. Despite this, I'm still excited and I'm enthusiastic to see how the product overall turns out in August!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
In the end, does the design really matter? Yeah...there is something off about it, but its still better than the Disney dvd release a few years back. Despite it being nothing but a photoshop collage, at least it looks like there was some work put into it.

And its an older movie that only fans would be picking up anyway, not new fans who only buy things because the covers look pretty :stick_out_tongue:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
In the end, does the design really matter? Yeah...there is something off about it, but its still better than the Disney dvd release a few years back. Despite it being nothing but a photoshop collage, at least it looks like there was some work put into it.

And its an older movie that only fans would be picking up anyway, not new fans who only buy things because the covers look pretty :stick_out_tongue:
I agree completely!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The fact that we are getting this at all is a good sign that maybe one day we will finally get the Muppet Show seasons 4-5 on dvd. I also don't know about anyone else but I really think that this is going to be better then when they put The Muppet Christmas Carol on blu Ray. I'm hoping that they do a lot of neat and interesting things with this one.
One feature I really enjoyed on the first blu ray was the commentary with Gonzo/Rizzo/Stalar/Waldorf/Kermit it was very fun.

Reevz1977

Reaction score

Not sure ill be signing up to your Marketing 101 seminar :wink:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The MuppetsStudios YT channel posted the trailer and mentions in the description that there are new bonus features, including the Disney Intermission thingy.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well I checked amazon and it's 18$ not too bad and I liked on the cover that it said original classic and I'm shocked they didn't use the new the muppets fuzzy green M logo on this like they did on MCC

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That's really not, considering the average price of a dvd is about 15 dollars. I would have expected it to be near 25 dollars honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.