Power out across East Coast and Canada

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The storms? That's a longggg story there, you'll have to read that thread.

During the storm, Muley hid underneath the bathroom sink--something about the pipes he once saw in a movie that had a flying cow...

July Storm Thread
I saw the thread and was following it when the storms were on and you went missing from muppet central for a while there.

Sorry to go off topic but your avatar looks awfully familiar, it looks exactly like the fozzie on that old wallpaper I have hanging up .
or is it just my imagination? lol
I will take some better photos of that wallpaper, maybe even get it properly scanned to preserve it forever because those photos are a bit dodgy.

Sorry once again to go off topic!

from,
Paul :smile:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I wish I had watched Conan. That's really funny.

Being a Bewitched fan, when I heard the news that the power had turned off all over the East I kind of thought it was amusing as an entire episode of Bewitched is based on such a happening.

The episode is entitled "The Short Happy Circuit of Aunt Clara". In it Aunt Clara is babysitting Tabatha who begins to cry so Aunt Clara decides if she could move the piano upstairs nearer the nursery and play her a tune it would calm her. She shrinks the piano down and begins to carry it up the stairs but it starts growing back to original size. So she tries to cast another spell and it makes the power in 13 states along the Eastern Seaboard go out.

The newspaper the next day gives an explanation that is almost the same explanation as what the papers today are saying. Darrin is soothed that it wasn't caused by witchcraft but Samantha tells him that newspapers are always making up logical explanations for things witches do.

So it was kindof like living a Bewitched episode.

I heard on the radio this morning that in Detroit there hadn't been any reports of looting, which is good, but kind of odd.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
here's something that i didn't like about the whole blackout thing. okay so it was quite weird, strange, and scary to see all of this going on. i clicked on the tv and was wondering what was going on. after a few minutes i caught on. but here's the deal, did abc have to have coverage from when the event began to all the way to nightline. nbc, cbs, and fox went back to regular programming by 6 30 or 7, but i just thought that abc was just milking the story to death. they were doing survival tips and other stuff around 8 pm central time and it's not like the people that went through the blackout are going to be watching anyway.

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
it looks exactly like the fozzie on that old wallpaper I have hanging up .or is it just my imagination? lol
You bet it is! I loved it, and just had to have it as an avatar. It'll be up until the beginning of next week when I'll have a NEW Fozzie avatar. When I've exhausted all my Fozzie's, I'll be moving on to pics of me with Muppeteers, then I'll go forward with Muley-based avatars.

I still have bunches of new Fozzies.

P

Philo and Gunge

Hey!

I lost my power. I'm in Westchester, we were the last ones to get power.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
You bet it is! I loved it, and just had to have it as an avatar. It'll be up until the beginning of next week when I'll have a NEW Fozzie avatar. When I've exhausted all my Fozzie's, I'll be moving on to pics of me with Muppeteers, then I'll go forward with Muley-based avatars.

I still have bunches of new Fozzies.
Good to see someone else is getting some use out of it, I could make a really good avatar out of that fozzie pic, maybe I should try it then give it to you. I am starting to wonder if that art was on anything else, who knows I could have the only copy of that art in the world, im not sure. :smile:

Natalie

Reaction score
So is the power starting to come back on in these places? I haven't heard much yet. I'd especially like to know about NYC since I'll be moving there in a week!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
About 75% of the homes in Ontario have power back now we're told but rolling blackouts could begin anytime and continue at least until Monday. We're told the rolling blackouts will likely last 2 hrs. each.

Also - remember that if you are in an area that recently had power restored, use your computer and other appliances sparing and conserve power until everything is 100% next week. Luckily at work here we have an internal bk-up that will probably carry us through the weekend so I get to cheat a bit. :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Everyone there is getting utilities faster than we did here in town when the storm blew through, and I'm thankful for that. It took 2.5 weeks for all the power to get restored here!

Of course, they had to re-erect utility poles and do a LOT of re-wiring around the city.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Conan is certainly respectable for that, I think. I dont like his show, but heck, you gotta give good credit where it's due!

GO CONAN!!

(I bet nobody else did that, huh?)
I'm really not a fan of Conan either, but I did think it was cool. I was hoping Letterman might have something with the power outage, but my brother pointed out to me that he's filmed earlier in the day so it wouldn't have been affected. It was just an old episode anyawy.
Erin