Possible Muppety Addition to Disney Infinity...

Which sketch (hopefully soon to be figure) looks the best?

• Total voters

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
Well, the Electric Mayhem Bus is coming on one of the power disks in Series 2. But Muppets would be cool. Not just a bus
The figures, playsets and power discs are pretty much planned already. I have the game. Each game has a hall of heros where you can see which discs and figures you have and which other ones are available. I can also say the bus is coming. :smile:

The last known figure is supposed to be coming out in January 2014. (Mickey Mouse) After that they would have to have some kind of update to the game. Muppets are still a possibility in the future. Any charcter is possible at this point. It seems to me they are realsing quite a few with releases of movies, etc. Jack Skellington is coming out in October - just in time for Halloween. The Toy Story playset is also coming in October - right when they will be releasing a Toy Story Halloween special. The characters from Frozen will be released in November - when the movie comes out.

Other characters still slated to be released are Phineas, Perry, Sorcerer Mickey, Ralph, Vanellope, and Rapunzel. After January anyone could be coming to the game, including the Muppets.

I assume they will be updating the game. I can't imagine they will be coming out with a second version so soon after the first and I can't see them releasing so many by the end of the year and then releasing nothing. The whole point for Disney is to keep adding on so consumers continue to purchase product.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The figures, playsets and power discs are pretty much planned already. I have the game. Each game has a hall of heros where you can see which discs and figures you have and which other ones are available. I can also say the bus is coming. :smile:

The last known figure is supposed to be coming out in January 2014. (Mickey Mouse) After that they would have to have some kind of update to the game. Muppets are still a possibility in the future. Any charcter is possible at this point. It seems to me they are realsing quite a few with releases of movies, etc. Jack Skellington is coming out in October - just in time for Halloween. The Toy Story playset is also coming in October - right when they will be releasing a Toy Story Halloween special. The characters from Frozen will be released in November - when the movie comes out.

Other characters still slated to be released are Phineas, Perry, Sorcerer Mickey, Ralph, Vanellope, and Rapunzel. After January anyone could be coming to the game, including the Muppets.

I assume they will be updating the game. I can't imagine they will be coming out with a second version so soon after the first and I can't see them releasing so many by the end of the year and then releasing nothing. The whole point for Disney is to keep adding on so consumers continue to purchase product.
Yeah, it wouldn't make sense, unless they release Disney Infinity 2

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
The figures, playsets and power discs are pretty much planned already. I have the game.

would you say the game is worth it i am still debating getting it

i agree with this unless a 2 becomes an add on ala Sims or DLC. or one of those if you owned the first you automatically unlock everyone and everything you had in the original game or you get some sort of special carry over thing kind of like how other games to it..usually RPGS

That said i hope some sort of Muppet Refrence is in Kingdom Hearts 3 but a man can dream

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This game is designed so that people keep buying expansion packs. I expect Muppets and Marvel and everything under the Disney umbrella somewhere down the line. It is called "Infinity" after all. I'd be surprised if some sort of Muppets option isn't added next March.

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
In general, I think they game is worth getting. I will be honest, I am a huge Disney fan and have been since I was little. I'm not a big gamer either. I still only have a Wii so that is the version I have been playing.

The "story" games it comes with like Monsters Inc, Incredibles and Pirates are not incredibly difficult - it is geared at families with possible young kids after all. I enjoy them enough and playing through unlocks more toys and decorations for the toy box. There are also mini games which I haven't played a ton of yet. Each character has an exclusive min/adventure game that unlocks when you put it on the base.

I think the best part hands down is the toy box though. And having a wii means I have a limited version. The ps3, xbox and wii u have better versions from what i have seen and heard and if/when my hubby and I decide to upgrade we will upgrade infinity as well. My husband and I have really had fun with it. I made a crazy hedge maze he had to get through to find a treasure grotto and before that he had to figure out how to get into Scrooge McDuck's money bin and through a city and another underground maze which led to the Sultans palace from Aladdin. And where else can Mike ride on an elephant and chase after Captain Barbossa? There is plenty of surprising little things that make us laugh out loud.

And I think the figures are pretty nice. I would probably be collecting them with or without the game. There have been some really good deals on it since it came out. I know last weekend Toys R Us was doing $20 off a starter pack and every week one of the stores has had some kind of sale on infinity stuff. More chracters are being released in October and November as well as another set of power discs.

They had said there will be an Infinity 2 eventually and all the characters and discs will be forwards and backwards compatible. I just find it a little surprising that in only 6 months they would bring out a new game. I think I heard Skylanders go about a year? I don't know much about them. I just think they would have stretched out the expansions longer if this was all they were going to have for the first version.

I just saw a list of the new discs on the Disney Infinity website this morning. Looks like the mayhem bus will be one of the exclusive orange discs in the next wave.

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
I love collecting things too so I love that aspect as well. If you knew someone who had it though and you were on the fence about it, the best thing to do would be see if you can try their game out.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The game is pretty fun, I've got it about 2 days ago and I've been playing it since!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I love collecting things too so I love that aspect as well. If you knew someone who had it though and you were on the fence about it, the best thing to do would be see if you can try their game out.

i may just get it..i love collecting too, sadly when it comes to video games my friends are all about shooters and "cool" games

only one with a kid that may get this game doesnt have a PS3

Drtooth

Reaction score
i may just get it..i love collecting too, sadly when it comes to video games my friends are all about shooters and "cool" games

UGH! Don't get me started on that. I hate that's what "serious gamers" like and only that.

As for DI... if I had a system that it's intended for, I'd buy it Muppets or NO Muppets. I really like the concept of collectible figures for video games. But then again, the collectors figures are great too. I almost bought some Skylanders just for the sake of buying the figures. I love the character designs on those. It's a shame that they don't sell Mr. Incredible separate. I do plan on buying a couple of these figures down the line just for the collectible figure aspect. At the very least Agent P and Ralph. Hopefully there will be future waves. I'd love to see Donald added to the game in some form. maybe dig through those Italian comics and give him a Duck Avenger suit or something.