Possible first episode of Sesamstraat on YouTube

stuiefan

Reaction score
I saw this not long ago, could be the first eppy of sesamstraat, I've seen a few others but they were only clips.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
An original episode of the Dutch co-production Sesamstraat from 1976 (their first season) has recently been posted on YT... someone is speculating it's the first episode of the series, but nobody has been able to confirm it... either way, it's interesting to look at...

It is the first episode; it was uploaded on the official Sesamstraat website (which I can only assume is where the user got the video)

mr3urious

Reaction score
Pretty interesting how they don't start with the street scene right away.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I stopped watching after the theme song...

You have to admit, that was the CREEPIEST international Sesame Street opening of all time...

If this image doesn't haunt you for the rest of your days, well, you've got a cast iron psyche! Not to mention how the rest of it turns into a Terry Gilliam cartoon/nightmarish fever dream of Pino's temper tantrum/epileptic seizure.

And I REALLY don't like Voyeuristic Ernie...

They couldn't come up with something... I dunno.. a little less terrifying beyond all belief?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
WOW!! What a great find!
That picture above was creepy to me, too!
Anyway, Thanks for sharing!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Hey, in that creepy Muppet group shot, Cookie's got a tongue.

Some of these international SS shows were fairly scary. I kind of wonder how people in other countries would react to Season 1 Big Bird.

cjd874

Reaction score
I stopped watching after the theme song...

You have to admit, that was the CREEPIEST international Sesame Street opening of all time...

If this image doesn't haunt you for the rest of your days, well, you've got a cast iron psyche! Not to mention how the rest of it turns into a Terry Gilliam cartoon/nightmarish fever dream of Pino's temper tantrum/epileptic seizure.

They couldn't come up with something... I dunno.. a little less terrifying beyond all belief?
Well, that's probably three less hours of sleep for me because of that thing.
HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!! Who were the people in charge of creating this, and what kind of substances were they taking?