Possible first episode of Sesamstraat on YouTube

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I can see Frank Oz's head at the beginning of part 2.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
The animation is pretty freaky, like the Elephant in the end. I remember seeing from time to time certain animation from different parts of the world. Some are in great quality and others are very surreal art house. It kind of reminds me of this gag that was on The Simpsons Forth Season where Krusty introduces a new Cat and Mouse team from another country which replaces Itchy and Scratch. It's really funny in my opinion, but I'm afraid I can't go into detail because this is at the time when things weren't so PC. lol

But yeah, the opening just looks so strange with the cut out stock photos. It almost looks like a bootleg rip-off sell out from the 1970s as if it wasn't authorized my Children's Television Workshop. And the two puppets, were they built in the country where Sesamstratt was made? Because they don't look like Muppets to me. They don't have that cartoonish classic eye style or anything like that. Didn't the Jim Henson Muppet Workshop later build The Muppets for the International Sesame Streets? Are the International Sesame Streets still around with new episodes and everything? I know there's quite a few of them though the one I know of most is Plaza Sesamo. That and the Sesame from Israel. I rented one of the video tapes from Blockbuster once. I remember seeing them as a kid being a little confused that the characters that I totally knew by heart, the voices where different and they were speaking in a different language.

I just wanted to comment on that Cat or Dog, that furry character who seems to be in the same position as Oscar in this version. That puppet looks like an extra from Meet The Feebles. lol Because the Feebles puppets, some of them were furry mink or weasel characters or a small dog and they would be back up singers in some of the songs in the movie. Just in case no one heard of this movie. It's a pretty violent dark comedy NC-17 puppet movie from 1989 directed by Peter Jackson. It's a pretty warped movie, it's not for everyone, though I personally love it. :smile:

Also is there an english version of that sketch with the Anything Muppets with the letters on their shirts like L and they are with Harry Monster. I'd like to see that sketch if it's available online. The fat blue Anything Muppet with the black hair and eyebrows remind me of the one who would later be in the song "Big Kids Cry" from the 1980s. lol

I wanted to ask about that 1970 sketch with Little Miss Muffit, I remember hearing that in the early Sesame days there was lots of sketches of Anything Muppets having a major role as Anything Muppets. To explain what I mean, the characters were going to be shown on screen having their eyes and noses and hair taken off and replaced. But it got dropped and the Anything Muppets remained just like what Whatnots would be, stock Muppets.