Poodles the psychotic raccoon!

jacobmaraia

Reaction score
Dude, sign me up for the Poodles Fan Club. Love the design, love the puppet, love that you put so many pics up of your process. So jazzed about 2.0!

Thanks for sharing.

wes

Reaction score
Brain to be honest at first I was like whats the deal with this guys puppets they look so nubeish... which now i regret

because every puppet i see of your is very unique and it's all your own style and you did not copy from no one.

And you do not compromise or change that!

Dude I love your puppets and i cant wait to see what puppets you come out with next!

I hope you make it big!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, wes, I'm glad you like my stuff.

I'd be curious to know what you mean when you say they look nubeish, though; what do you mean?

Melonpool

Reaction score
Have you ever done a behind-the-scenes show about your set? I'd love to see things like how it's constructed (low or high tech), the way the puppeteers maneuver below-the-scenes and the general layout of the "studio."

I've been working on my own set and I've never seen this aspect discussed by any of us. Sometimes, the sets are as important as the puppets. And I'm tired of just shooting things around my house.

mrhogg

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of behind-the-scenes from season one of dotBoom, and I believe there are a few bits about the building of the sets. They're here:

http://dotboom.ca/episodes/view_by_section/2

I've got some also for season 2, but I don't, at present, have a proper studio set-up, so my desk is the only thing to show. :smile:

wes

Reaction score
Not proffessional is what i thought of at first, but my thinking has changed know.

I used to think that puppets/puppetry had to look like the muppets but that was foolish thinking and put our art into a box.

I sorry, that was the old me, the new me Love your work!

They say, it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong! I was wrong!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Ah, okay, I understand. Thank you for clarifying. It's a little odd that you'd think that variation would be unprofessional, but I see where you're coming from.

I started with some more commonly muppet-esque designs (by which I think most people think early sesame street/muppet show), but have gone off in my own (admittedly only slightly) different direction as I learned how to make the things.