Please Bring Back (fill in the blank)

Count von Count

Reaction score
It seems all The Muppets we wanted to back, came back in The Muppets(2011).:smile:
But I would like to see them bring Clifford back again.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
*starts chanting*

Bring back Hilda! Bring back Hilda! Bring back Hilda!

Oh, and bring back Season One Zoot too while you're at it, he was so much fun. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hehe. Kermit mentioned on his Twitter feed at the weekend that Clifford was a part-time model. I love that idea. HA!

Bring back MILDRED. Yes yes yes!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Bring back Digit:electric:. I'm sure it's been said, but it needs to be said again.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is a hard question to answer, because there are different characters I'd like to see based on what they're doing. If there's another movie or big TV special, I'd like to see some of the more "classic" muppets who had only smallish roles in the most recent movie, like Scooter, Rowlf, or Gonzo, get more screen time or plots. If we're talking pie-in-the-sky new weekly TV show, then I'd love to see the Electric Mayhem get involved on a larger scale, and Sam the Eagle get some more screen time, along with the Muppets I already talked about.

And Nigel. Can't forget Nigel.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i would love to see clifford and johnny fiama and sal and semyor

Misskermie

Reaction score
I shall not say this twice.

PIGGY NEEDS TO BE AS SENSITIVE AS SHE USED TO BE! PIGGY HASN'T TALKED ABOUT HER PERSONAL EXPERIENCES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HER SENSITIVENESS! ANOTHER THING IS PIGGY'S FANTASYS BECAUSE SHE ONLY FANTASIZED IN THREE MOVIES, AND THAT WAS THE ONES THAT WERE MADE BEFORE...BEFORE...*SNIFF*...Jim..

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Isn't it great that most of the requests on this "wish-list" thread have actually been granted in The Muppets? :cool: VERY COOL!

That being said...The concept of more Muppet TV specials was mentioned early on and I'd like to line up for that one. There's absolutely no reason why ABC couldn't option a fun little one-shot deal like The Muppets Go To The Movies (and I suggest Kermit and the gang would have a lot more fun dismantling "current Hollywood" than "classic Hollywood" - even the parody trailers for The Muppets are proof of that!).

Also: Please bring back more singing for Rowlf (Baretta's proven, on A Green and Red Christmas and in live performances, that he can pull it off).

And please bring back Pigs In Space. But none of this "Deep Dish Nine" stuff from Muppets Tonight. The classic format: Piggy, Link and Strangepork. It's definitely time for Pigs In Space.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Please bring back more singing for Rowlf (Baretta's proven, on A Green and Red Christmas and in live performances, that he can pull it off).
This. This so much. Rowlf might be my favorite Muppet singer (which sounds like a good idea for a poll) and it's a shame he didn't get to sing outside of the barbershop number in the new movie.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Agreed. Given Rowlf's early roles as a comic persona (particularly in the Jimmy Dean days) it's interesting to think about how much people gravitate to that friendly, gravelly singing voice. And it's so versatile, whether handling humourous numbers like "You and I and George" or the more serious or sentimental stuff. "Cottleston Pie"..."I Hope That Something Better Comes Along"..."Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" with John Denver...classic.

The beautiful clip of him singing "What A Wonderful World" to a real puppy in the early goings of The Muppet Show should serve as a signpost to anybody trying to revive the series in the present day. Television and pop culture in general has lost a lot of its heart since the '70s and '80s and Rowlf is the perfect Muppet to help bring that warmth back to the tube.

From where I sit, the entire $45 million budget for The Muppets was worth it if it generated no other result than my 11-year-old niece declaring on Facebook after seeing the movie that "My favourite Muppet is Rowlf" and "I told Mom that I want a Rowlf for Christmas!" I'm so happy that a new generation now gets to experience this singularly delightful character - and all his Muppet buddies, of course.